• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stadium pushed back from 2026 to 2027 :-(

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Brad said:

Stop.

Did you think it was going to be delayed a year?

Don’t think the majority of the board expected it. They must have gotten the impression from somewhere. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Just now, 00Bull said:

I had no reason to believe it would or wouldn't.

What was intriguing was the breaking of the deal with the builder.  That's what led to speculation.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

55 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I am happy they are getting a stadium and I knew it was going to be delayed. I said it would be and people working in usf athletics said that wasn't the case and people on the board said that would not happen. I am disappointed in the preliminary renderings because it is isn't anything special other than it will be our stadium. I don't think it is state of the art as USF athletics put it. It appears it will be similar to csu's, Tulane 's stadium,  and unt's stadium. Nothing amazing but it is a stadium on campus. We really muffrd the punt for waiting so long for this stadium  and now we are paying a premium for average stadium. Hopefully usf adds some surprises along the way and makes the stadium better than the renderings.  The stadium will eventually make money and be a good thing for usf football and usf . Lots of smoke screens to delay the stadium and under deliver on the expectations laid out as state of the art stadium.  The stadium is far from state of the art in the renderings , but I will be there when it opens.

One thing for sure is it will be the best OCS in the state of Florida. Been to both FSU & UF’s OCS and third things are outdated prehistoric dumps. They would be better off tearing their POS OCS down and rebuilding new ones imo. USF hit a home run with the renderings today imo.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

36 minutes ago, BayIslandBull said:

Better, Faster, Cheaper: you can only pick 2.

None of the above based on the renderings , cost,  or delayed timeline.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

23 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Don’t think the majority of the board expected it. They must have gotten the impression from somewhere. 

It was kind of a big deal made that there were penalties in the contract (now defunct) for every game not held there starting with the 2026 season.  I think we all thought a one year delay would cost the contractor like $12 million so yeah it's a decent chunk of change.  Maybe that's why they bailed.  "Supply chain issues" sounds very dubious as to the real reason for the delay. It sounds like something someone threw out to the group when they were considering how they were going to handle communicating the delay.  Everyone else is saying that so why don't we?

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

One thing for sure is it will be the best OCS in the state of Florida. Been to both FSU & UF’s OCS and third things are outdated prehistoric dumps. They would be better off tearing their POS OCS down and rebuilding new ones imo. USF hit a home run with the renderings today imo.

Lets be serious. I hate UF but their stadium is much better than what we are building.

• Downvote 2
  • ???? 1

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

20 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Lets be serious. I hate UF but their stadium is much better than what we are building.

Their stadium is awful. Bottom 5 of all college stadiums I have been to (probably 30 plus)

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

23 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

Their stadium is awful. Bottom 5 of all college stadiums I have been to (probably 30 plus)

What is favorite?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,722
  • Days Won:  6

1 minute ago, Sk00b said:

What is favorite?

You didn’t ask me but my personal favorite is the Big House in Ann Arbor. I have never felt the energy at a college football game like I felt at a Michigan/Iowa game in the early 2000’s. The tailgating was the best I have ever experienced as well.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

1 minute ago, USFRaider said:

You didn’t ask me but my personal favorite is the Big House in Ann Arbor. I have never felt the energy at a college football game like I felt at a Michigan/Iowa game in the early 2000’s. The tailgating was the best I have ever experienced as well.

Nice! Yea, I'm sure those massive stadiums are crazy to attend. Was just curious as he's been to a **** ton of stadiums.

I guess we need a new poll. Who has been to the most stadiums and what's your favorite. I really haven't been to many football so I'd have to go with Bristol 😆.

I've been to UF and wasn't impressed. I though FSU was actually nicer but i also was in good seats and not sweltering.

• Upvote 2