• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where are we rowing to?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

There's been at least 2 games that Bullfrog has stated that he couldn't get a student ticket because they were all taken so obviously the students were aware of the game if that's true. For both games, the student section was half full at best. Interested to find out wtf is going with that and if anybody can confirm.

But to your "concrete" point, name a G5 in a large metropolitan area out there that's been successful in getting large number of students to an off campus stadium on a regular basis?

One of the fixes MK is addressing with the ocs is the student "problem" ....

So your counter is to point out a failed ticketing system? That sounds like something rather concrete that can be easily solved if anyone cared to solve it. I’ve seen no evidence that anyone would have OCS in the top of their issues with attending and the attendance at the sundome seems to indicate that’s not the issue.

The OCS solves absolutely no problems for anyone and only makes happy the people that have demonstrated that there is nothing that will cause them to leave no matter what happens. Solve the problems of the people not attending and this isn’t on the path to that.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

3 hours ago, Bryson W said:

Playing teams people know about helps, aka Alabama and FAU both had full student sections. When we play Miami next year, it will probably have a full student section along with a full stadium. A better conference would help this issue too.

I agree that’s the ultimate issue that needs solving but people don’t want to hear that it was entirely in our control to have solved that already and want to believe that it takes made up checkmarks that no one official has ever indicated exist. Offer a smaller distribution at every opportunity of expansion and constantly undercut everyone and this would have been solved forever ago. Expansion is about making conference members more money solve for that and you are in, OCS’ don’t make them a single extra penny.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

There's been at least 2 games that Bullfrog has stated that he couldn't get a student ticket because they were all taken so obviously the students were aware of the game if that's true. For both games, the student section was half full at best. Interested to find out wtf is going with that and if anybody can confirm.

I have a hunch about this.  Back in the day, students had to go pick up a physical ticket in person or have a friend do it.  An investment of time (waiting in line, etc) would mean that going through the trouble to get a ticket probably translated to intent to go to the game.  Now it’s all online. Grab a student ticket just in case you decide to go.  What is the cost to you if you don’t use it?  I’m just guessing, but this would explain why the tickets are claimed but not used.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

9 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

So you got nothin concrete.

without a good product 

you have nothing

younger leaders wont make a difference if the product sucks

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

On 11/19/2023 at 3:12 PM, Triple B said:

His only plan that's solid for getting us out of the AAC is going Independent ...... and that's jumping from the frying pan into the fire .... but we would be out.

Going Independent has to be the dumbest idea ever.   If that is his plan, then he needs to share whatever he is smoking because that must be some good stuff.  🤣

This is not the 1970's or 1980's where there were a large number of independent football programs.   Everyone is in a conference now.  That is the only way to get TV dollars and bowl game tie ins.   How would USF do that if they were independent?   Negotiate a deal with ESPN that would put us exclusively on ESPN+?   What bowl game tie ins would USF get?   How would this impact the other sports?   It would destroy them because the American would kick USF out if we did not participate in football.   Does he really think the Big East would invite us back for the non-football sports?   

Look how going independent destroyed UConn.   They got all upset over their MBB and WBB playing in the American, so the sacrificed their football program to go back to the Big East.   They even tried a second stint with a formerly successful head coach.  That did not work out for them either.  

Army tried the independent route when they bailed from CUSA, and that did not work out for them either.   They are coming back to a conference by joining the American.   Not exactly a powerhouse addition to our conference, but it another example how it is foolish for any team not named Notre Dame to go independent.   If Army cannot hack it as independent with all their history and national following, then what makes USF so special that they think they could do better.   

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

I agree that’s the ultimate issue that needs solving but people don’t want to hear that it was entirely in our control to have solved that already and want to believe that it takes made up checkmarks that no one official has ever indicated exist. Offer a smaller distribution at every opportunity of expansion and constantly undercut everyone and this would have been solved forever ago. Expansion is about making conference members more money solve for that and you are in, OCS’ don’t make them a single extra penny.

An OCS makes them a hell of a lot more money.   At RJS the Bucs and the TSA have their hands out first before USF gets their share of the profits.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,626
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, hightechbull said:

An OCS makes them a hell of a lot more money.   At RJS the Bucs and the TSA have their hands out first before USF gets their share of the profits.

THE OCS will help usf make money in the long run. I am not sure how it fixes attendance if we are still stuck in the AAC five years after it is built. I donated again to it today and I will be there opening night. 

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  114

1 hour ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I have a hunch about this.  Back in the day, students had to go pick up a physical ticket in person or have a friend do it.  An investment of time (waiting in line, etc) would mean that going through the trouble to get a ticket probably translated to intent to go to the game.  Now it’s all online. Grab a student ticket just in case you decide to go.  What is the cost to you if you don’t use it?  I’m just guessing, but this would explain why the tickets are claimed but not used.  

I wish they’d go back to the old system. I know now for next year to claim all my tickets ahead of time, but it shouldn’t have to be like that.

Students who show up to games like me should have tickets, and students who don’t show up shouldn’t be able to claim 6 tickets that will go to waste.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

11 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

I wish they’d go back to the old system. I know now for next year to claim all my tickets ahead of time, but it shouldn’t have to be like that.

Students who show up to games like me should have tickets, and students who don’t show up shouldn’t be able to claim 6 tickets that will go to waste.

Students that show up should be allowed in with an ID. Why bother with tickets. We are in a 65k seat ******* stadium. If student section fills up, overflow to another section. Makes no sense to me. 

Edited by Sk00b
  • Upvote 1