• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

South Florida/Navy Season Stat Comparisons

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

Penalties were horrendous for the first two weeks. Bama was a pretty clean game and then we got sloppy again against Rice. It's a work in progress and something that we will hopefully continue to clean up. We are currently 126th out of 130 teams in penalty yards per game. It isn't that much of a shock that a team full of Naval cadets are the 3rd least penalized team in the country. Army is 4th and Air Force is 11th. Says something about discipline. 

WKU: 11-100

FAMU: 14-114

Bama: 5-40

Rice: 9-89

I am not too concerned at this point about the penalties since our team is playing high energy and a fast tempo type game.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Home field advantage is usually 3.5 points so Vegas is saying both teams are about even.  

It varies by team. This article has a good breakdown. I think that there might be some patriotism built into Navy being favored more heavily than they should be. Since 2020, they are only 43.8% ATS at home. 

WWW.ACTIONNETWORK.COM

Check out Collin Wilson's article for what home-field advantage is worth for every college football team in 2023.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, belgianbull said:

I am not too concerned at this point about the penalties since our team is playing high energy and a fast tempo type game.

It's all contextual. Down and distance matter. False starting when the offense is facing a 3rd and 15 is a lot different than a 3rd and 3. I don't mind penalties, but we need to avoid the dumb ones like the Brown throat slash. 

• Upvote 1