• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

#DeionIsNotComing but…

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

Just now, Gatorbull325 said:

I dont think he felt he couldnt overcome it, he just rather not deal with that G5/P5 battle.

Thats funny because some people with a chip on their shoulder would lean into it and try to have undefeated seasons.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

4 hours ago, USFRaider said:

The G5 is minor league college football and Deion recognized that. I can’t blame him for choosing Colorado 

He said on College Game Day that he's here to lift people up.  Why not choose a G5?  Lead us out of it.  

21 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Thats funny because some people with a chip on their shoulder would lean into it and try to have undefeated seasons.

Yes.   As an aside, I take comfort in the belief that he won't be in Colorado long.  His sons are upperclassmen.  

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

34 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

He took over a Colorado team that had 1 win last season as well. He coached at Jackson St. How long should he go until he gets to live in the glory he clearly deserves and be properly compensated for it. He took over an equally bad team but their level allows him to play against higher quality opponents. Coaches like Deion don’t dream of playing against teams like Rice, FAMU, and FAU and not pay him what he knows he’s worth. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

18 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

He took over a Colorado team that had 1 win last season as well. He coached at Jackson St. How long should he go until he gets to live in the glory he clearly deserves and be properly compensated for it. He took over an equally bad team but their level allows him to play against higher quality opponents. Coaches like Deion don’t dream of playing against teams like Rice, FAMU, and FAU and not pay him what he knows he’s worth. 

Sad Happy Hour GIF

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, Gismo said:

One of the more interesting comments I saw about Sanders was waiting to see how well he does when his son is not QB. 

Forgot where I saw it, but he has the #1 QB prospect coming to campus this weekend. His kid is def a massive piece of his success, but I think he is gonna be able to recruit guys wherever he goes.

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

22 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Oof Bubba getting that info before the times. Must have been a tough one to post for Joe lol.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

He said he was concerned about recruiting to USF. 

Also, who can blame wanting to compete in the Pac12 and Big12 instead of the AAC? 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Apparently #1 on that impossible list was to change that G to a P ..... It was a longer shot, probably much longer, to improve his brand here than at CU. If we were indeed in the same room together for any length of time is pretty cool ..... but probably more the result of PT's respect for DB.

I married my current wife for a,b,c and I’ll marry my next wife for x,y,z there are a variety of factors people make decisions but when they do they like to focus on the positive reasons they did and not the negative reasons they shouldn’t have. No matter what Colorado will not be his final destination so there are plenty of reasons why not to go there that go with why to pick it.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I married my current wife for a,b,c and I’ll marry my next wife for x,y,z there are a variety of factors people make decisions but when they do they like to focus on the positive reasons they did and not the negative reasons they shouldn’t have. No matter what Colorado will not be his final destination so there are plenty of reasons why not to go there that go with why to pick it.

I believe he ends up in the state of Florida. Or does Alabama feel comfortable handing the reigns over to Deion when Saban retires (obviously Deion would need to win his conference this season, finish in the top 10 and win their bowl game). I’m not sure if he’s a great fit for the Bama Standard as it stands right now. What does a post-Saban Alabama program look like though? Maybe they want to embrace the mystique and energy of someone like Sanders. We shall see.