• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Lagging In Bowl Ticket Sales

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  1,266
  • Days Won:  0

USF Lagging In Bowl Ticket Sales

Published: Dec 14, 2005

TAMPA - With the University of South Florida's first bowl game less than three weeks away, the Bulls have sold 4,200 tickets, USF assistant AD John Gerdes said.

Of USF's 4,200 tickets, 1,500 are for USF's support staff, players and band comp tickets that the school is required to purchase as part of its 12,500 ticket allotment for the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

The Raleigh (N.C.) News and Observer reported Tuesday that N.C. State already had exceeded its required ticket allotment and had sold approximately 13,500 tickets. The News and Observer also reported USF, according to an associate AD, had sold about 5,000 tickets. However, Gerdes said the actual number was 4,200 as of Tuesday.

THEY'RE BACK: USF returned to practice for the first time Tuesday in preparation for its bowl game with N.C. State, but it wasn't much of a practice. With the majority of USF's coaches in South Florida recruiting, the Bulls went through conditioning drills.

Coach Jim Leavitt even participated, running 16 100-yard sprints with the offensive linemen.

USF's assistants are expected back today, and the Bulls will work in full pads for the first time in two weeks.

ODDS AND ENDS: USF will air a special one-hour pregame show for the Meineke Car Care Bowl beginning at 10 a.m. Dec. 31 on WFLA, 970 AM. ... Among the players Leavitt said he'll take a look at another position is freshman DE George Selvie at center.

Brett McMurphy

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGB578M27HE.html

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and not that it matters, but i'm really curious.....how the hell do you get that blue "new" symbol next to your topic?? ?? ?? ?? <-- to avoid the stupid triple question mark frowns, hehe

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

So 2700 outside sales...When do we have to turn the tickets back in?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Have someone make an addition to a thread that you have not yet read.

• Topic Count:  696
  • Content Count:  7,201
  • Days Won:  3

Last Monday when tickets went on sale, the "best available" tickets for 55 each (no 75 tix available) were in the end zone section 201.  

I went on line today and realized that they are offering section 108 on the visitor side.  I suspect since tix sales were light for USF, that that freed up some tickets for TicketMaster to sell.  If not, the section 100 seats would have been the best available last week.

Too bad.....  I was hoping we would have sold more.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Hope this is a big pay day for people.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

we really need to boost up these sales.

i cant believe that the local advertising has not increased....

hopefully we sell alot of those tickets that CJL has signed.

if we dont break 5,000 for a bowl that is less than 9 hours drive away...we better win atleast 8 games a year from here on out

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Last Monday when tickets went on sale, the "best available" tickets for 55 each (no 75 tix available) were in the end zone section 201.  

I went on line today and realized that they are offering section 108 on the visitor side.  I suspect since tix sales were light for USF, that that freed up some tickets for TicketMaster to sell.  If not, the section 100 seats would have been the best available last week.

Too bad.....  I was hoping we would have sold more.

Thats why I was asking what day we have to be in by. Most bowls give a cut off, after that date all tix must be returned to the bowl and any additional tickets must be purchased through ticketmaster.

Halfway toward the goal of 7500.  Rutgers coach Greg Schiano mentioned on his radio gig that the Knights have sold that many and anticipate 10000 in a 45000-seat baseball park.  I also predicted both the Knights and Bulls in an office pool.

Keep in mind, underdogs are 3-0 in Charlotte (UVa. and BC).  We've also contained several top DE's (Mario Williams).

Have someone make an addition to a thread that you have not yet read.

wow i feel like an idiot....but i still don't understand why 3 question marks has to look like this    

???