• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Lagging In Bowl Ticket Sales

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

i cant believe that the local advertising has not increased....

As I mentioned yesterday advertising will not do anything for the general public. If your a real Bulls fan and you have intentions to go to the game, you will be there. Mom and Pop Smith aren't going to decide to drive 9 hours on a holiday weekend because they say an ad in the St. Pete Times or on WDAE. We have enough problems getting the casual fan interested to come to a game 30 mins from their house.

That being said the Bucs will have a home game on the 1st that could decide a playoff spot. The casual fan's priorities just aren't there.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

If you build it, they will come. We're not done building yet. It all takes time.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

please dont educate me on advertising....

i know that ads will not get people in charlotte.

however, advertising CAN increase those CJL signed tickets sales.

also...advertising this bowl can help what us in the industry like to call "branding"

how many people in tampa have no idea that USF is even in d-1 let alone going to a BOWL Game on New Years Eve!!!

it will help the local football fans pay more attention and they might not drive to charlotte but they will atleast watch the game and maybe like what they see and go to a game or two next year.

this is a HUGE landmark for the program and needs to be publicized.

As I mentioned yesterday advertising will not do anything for the general public. If your a real Bulls fan and you have intentions to go to the game, you will be there. Mom and Pop Smith aren't going to decide to drive 9 hours on a holiday weekend because they say an ad in the St. Pete Times or on WDAE. We have enough problems getting the casual fan interested to come to a game 30 mins from their house.

That being said the Bucs will have a home game on the 1st that could decide a playoff spot. The casual fan's priorities just aren't there.

rome was not built in a day.  please understand what needs to happen to build USF to the casual fan.  right now you dont

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

The biggest problem that I've noticed for the average Tampa Football fan is the date of the bowl. Many of the people I've tried to convince to support the Bulls in Charlotte say they would if the game wasn't scheduled on New Year's eve. What do you guys think?

Unfortunately for me, I'll have to miss the Bulls first ever bowl game because I'll be in South America, which is a trip that has been in the works for over 6 months.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I think the problem comes from the lack of funds for advertising.

what came first the chicken or the egg?

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  420

Screw the Bucs!!

no....

GO!!!!!!  BUCS!!!!!

i hate when people try to make it seem like the bulls are competing against the bucs for fans.

that is not the case.

sure it would be a lot easier if we werent in an NFL town but there are a few other major NCAA teams in NFL towns.

our problem is our NFL team is older than our NCAA team...and we have one of the newest NFL teams and one of the newest NCAA teams too.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

The biggest problem that I've noticed for the average Tampa Football fan is the date of the bowl. Many of the people I've tried to convince to support the Bulls in Charlotte say they would if the game wasn't scheduled on New Year's eve. What do you guys think?

Unfortunately for me, I'll have to miss the Bulls first ever bowl game because I'll be in South America, which is a trip that has been in the works for over 6 months.

That excuse is a load of crap!!  What do people expect? If we ever make it to the BCS, are they going to consult our fan base to conveniently schedule our game around everyone's plans?  COME ON!!!!  Bowl games are ALWAYS played during the holidays.  That has to be the absolute worst excuse I've heard for not attending.  Besides, it's New Year's Eve.  Its not a religious holiday traditionally spent with family.  It's a party holiday!