• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alabama only -32.5?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

10 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Let's not forget their QB situation is not much better than USF's... and USF actually has a better RB room.

The differences will be:

• The Bama offensive line - Milroe cannot handle pressure.  Get him rattled and he makes mistakes... but he's also a runner... and USF struggled to get sacks the first two games.
  • The USF offensive line - Protecting Brown will be critical... quick passes, moving pockets, etc.  Could be a long afternoon if Brown is under constant threat.

Milroe's limited body of work suggests that he is an interception machine. 5 INTs over 105 pass attempts. Brown has 3 out of 118. I would say that Brown actually has more upside than does Milroe. Not only that, I would take our QB room over Bama's at the moment. Their backup QB, Tyler Buchner, a Notre Dame transfer, has 8 INTs in just 123 career attempts. 

It's pretty shocking that the best QB Alabama could get to portal in was Buchner. He was the 31st ranked transfer QB last season. They do have 2 very talented true freshmen on their roster. If Bama's season goes sideways, I could see Saban trying to see what he has with those two. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,474
  • Days Won:  13

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Milroe's limited body of work suggests that he is an interception machine. 5 INTs over 105 pass attempts. Brown has 3 out of 118. I would say that Brown actually has more upside than does Milroe. Not only that, I would take our QB room over Bama's at the moment. Their backup QB, Tyler Buchner, a Notre Dame transfer, has 8 INTs in just 123 career attempts. 

It's pretty shocking that the best QB Alabama could get to portal in was Buchner. He was the 31st ranked transfer QB last season. They do have 2 very talented true freshmen on their roster. If Bama's season goes sideways, I could see Saban trying to see what he has with those two. 

Milroe has five giants in front of him... and some decent WRs.  Getting pressure on him will be important.  Reed (WKU) and Moussa (FAMU) are better QBs and picked apart the USF zone defense whenever USF blitzed.  Can Milroe?  That remains to be seen.

That said -- Saban failed to understand the portal. He thought there would be better QBs available in the Spring window after the season -- but the best QBs all transferred in the Winter window.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  452
  • Days Won:  0

Taking USF and the over for my imaginary bet. Alabama by 20 or less. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

6 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Milroe has five giants in front of him... and some decent WRs.  Getting pressure on him will be important.  Reed (WKU) and Moussa (FAMU) are better QBs and picked apart the USF zone defense whenever USF blitzed.  Can Milroe?  That remains to be seen.

That said -- Saban failed to understand the portal. He thought there would be better QBs available in the Spring window after the season -- but the best QBs all transferred in the Winter window.

We will see. Bama gave up 5 sacks to Texas. Texas only managed 2 against Rice. I don't know that Bama's OL is as dominant this year as they have been in years past. The certainly have a better one than WKU and FAMU, but I have to imagine our guys will be playing up a bit for the chance to take on Bama. I know we lose this one, and likely by 4 scores, but I am excited to see us go out there and compete. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

23 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Milroe has five giants in front of him...

Is Alabama's offensive line any bigger than ours.  Without looking up weights, my guess would be no, they aren't.

Have you looked at the weights of our offensive line?

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,707
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

I understand the they’ll be motivated to destroy us angle, however, this game is sandwiched between Texas and Ole Miss.  They’re traveling to play a G5 school which I don’t think they’ve ever done before.  They know they can destroy us with their scout team so I think they will be totally uninterested to play this game.  They still win going away something like 48-13

Pretty sure after losing last week that Saban won't let them be uninterested.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,707
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, Jim Johnson said:

Let's not forget their QB situation is not much better than USF's... and USF actually has a better RB room.

The differences will be:

• The Bama offensive line - Milroe cannot handle pressure.  Get him rattled and he makes mistakes... but he's also a runner... and USF struggled to get sacks the first two games.
  • The USF offensive line - Protecting Brown will be critical... quick passes, moving pockets, etc.  Could be a long afternoon if Brown is under constant threat.

I don't know how many sacks we had game 2 but it sure looked like the guy was pressured a good part of the game.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

30 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Pretty sure after losing last week that Saban won't let them be uninterested.

I understand that Saban will have them ******** fire after that loss but human nature is human nature and USF is a lowly G5 program that’s won 1 FBS game in the last 3 years.  The players are probably saying why are we going to Tampa to play that team.

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,474
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Is Alabama's offensive line any bigger than ours.  Without looking up weights, my guess would be no, they aren't.

Have you looked at the weights of our offensive line?

Yes, they are bigger than USF... the average weight is heavier than all but one OL on the USF roster.

The average height and weight of the starting offensive line is 6'5, 339 pounds with three starters over 350 pounds — sophomore left guard Tyler Booker at 6'5, 353, freshman left tackle Kadyn Proctor at 6'7, 369, and junior right tackle JC Latham at 6'6, 356