• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any CAG Fans Wan’t To Chime In?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

12 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Again, a much better team than most of what we will face in conference.  I agree that the horses may be lacking somewhat, but I still think 6 wins is very attainable this year and that's a nice jump

I reaaaaaaaalllly wish I could get on the bandwagon with people thinking we can get 6 wins.

This was a CUSA team. 

If we can't beat opponents from supposedly lower conferences, and we've haven't had more than 4 wins since like 2018, *how* does anyone remotely believe 6 wins is on the table in a season we not only play Bama, but start off by losing to WKU?

Edited by Ghostbuster

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  809
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Nothing I saw today makes me believe that Golesh was the right hire. Didn't look any better then we did around the end of last season. We started out great but the last 3 quarters were a mess. If I remember early in the second quarter we were up 17-7 then got outscored 34-7 in the rest of the game. Not a good start for the Golesh era. Only positive maybe there is more grit on the defensive side. Brown was not good throwing the ball, but decent running. Overall QB play was disappointing

Lucky our schedule is much easier then last year so hopefully we can get some wins. 

I think you've suppressed some really bad memories from last season. We were really, really, really bad. 

I think we're winning more games than we did last season. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, tau.reanb said:

For his first game, I'm satisfied that he can turn this program around eventually. Clearly there are some missing pieces, but at least we're a better coached team. 

You can't get pressure on the quarterback,you can't block for your quarterback,you can't reroute wide receivers and that's better coaching.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

30 minutes ago, Bullsaficianado said:

I believe this team is better than the final score indicated today…reed is a phenomenal qb…we will win games this year…not the conference, but the d looked better than last year.

you are what your score says you are

i am disappointed in the mental mistakes,playcalling, execution and turnovers

most coordinators look like great coaches when they have 4 and 5 star players

i didnt see any great coaching from goach

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,033
  • Days Won:  10

5 minutes ago, tau.reanb said:

I think you've suppressed some really bad memories from last season. We were really, really, really bad. 

I think we're winning more games than we did last season. 

We almost beat Florida, Cincy, and UCF last year. We looked great last year in the first half against Tulane.  While we looked better then we did against ECU, Temple, and BYU last year,  we were competitive in other games. However, I am not ready to say I see much or any difference with now and the end of last year. Verry disappointed with what transpired today.

Hopefully we will improve. 

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Can some of these threads be merged into the 2023 already ******** thread or something? There really isn’t any reason to be complaining like this after one game into a new tenure. Ffs

• Upvote 4

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

5 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

I reaaaaaaaalllly wish I could get on the bandwagon with people thinking we can get 6 wins.

This was a CUSA team. 

If we can't beat opponents from supposedly lower conferences, and we've haven't had more than 4 wins since like 2018, *how* does anyone remotely believe 6 wins is on the table in a season we not only play Bama, but start off by losing to WKU?

We play some really bad teams. If we dont get 4 wins at minimum, we absolutely made the wrong hire.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

we arent winning 6 games with brown at qb

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, belgianbull said:

We almost beat Florida, Cincy, and UCF last year. We looked great last year in the first half against Tulane last year.  While we looked better then we did against ECU, Temple, and BYU last year,  we were competitive in other games. However, I am not ready to say I see much or any difference with now and the end of last year. Verry disappointed with what transpired today.

Hopefully we will improve. 

SO we continue the losing culture that Michael Kelly has spearheaded.

1 minute ago, smazza said:

we arent winning 6 games with brown at qb

With the way the offensive line played I dont think he makes it 6 games and I don't think any quarterback can be successful with getting hit and pressured that much. The oline really failed at protecting him and the pocket is noticeably smaller.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,035
  • Days Won:  20

5 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

This was a CUSA team. 

Florida A&M, UTSA, UConn, Rice, Charlotte, UAB, FAU. All were CUSA or worse last year. Not saying we’ll beat those teams, but I wouldn’t call our schedule a murderers row or, under ordinary circumstances, an unrealistic expectation to beat those teams.