• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ok! I can will say it. USF still can’t find a coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  103
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

I’m sorry but USF football still has not found a coach since Coach Jim Leavitt. There is no sugarcoating it. USF football sucks.

What?  He literally inherited what could arguably be one of, if not THE, worst college football programs in the entire country and you judge him (with this group of mostly inherited players) after 1 game?

You are delusional.  This is USF.  NOBODY is beating down the door to come and play here.  Being totally left out of conference realignment tells you what other conferences and schools think of USF too.  This is a total, ground up, brick by brick rebuild and it’s going to take TIME.  Did you really expect to go TO WKU and win GAME 1 with THIS group of players?  Really?  Did you even expect it to be within 2 TDs?  Really?  Nick Sabin could NOT have won that game with THIS group of players.  Sorry to burst your bubble.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, olafberserker said:

I'm not sure what you were watching.   We had over 500 yards of offense including 374 on the ground.  Our qb turned the ball over 3 times and completed less than 50% of his passes

Some of you are incredible .... 

You sir need to change your name to OlafTheReasonable!  Do it.  DO IT NOW!

16 hours ago, smazza said:

that is the coaches job to bring in the personnel

he needed to recruit juco players

i dont want to hear we dont have the talent. quit if you cant bring in the talent

You need to ask yourself this:  Could ANYONE bring the talent to USF at this point?  Seriously, ANYONE?  This is a bottom of the barrel program that needs a ground up, brick by brick rebuild.  Name brand coaches like Saban don’t take jobs like this.   First time and/or unknown coaches do and good players do not flock to them.

Will Goach work out?  I don’t know but too many people act like this is Notre Dame or Alabama and everyone should just want to play here.  Trust me, convincing good players to go to USF is probably harder right now than EVER BEFORE.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I don't think there is. We have gotten consistently worse under AD MK in football. His extension for all program was a colossus failure except for himself getting more money and years.  SMU's AD out maneuvered the whole AAC by getting out of the AAC without winning a ny6 game game or conference championship in the AAC.  I really don't see any plusses to keeping him here. I would love to be proven wrong, but time and time again he fails USF Football.

Official - QB Jaden Rashada: COMMITS… & then Flips to the gator… & then ...

SMU got out because of donors with really deep pockets, the same deep pockets that got them in trouble before.   A certain former US President lobbying for SMU kinda helped too🤔🤔🤔

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  61

21 hours ago, USFBULL_08 said:

So, I guess him calling plays for Tenn last year doesn't count? He is miles from Jeff Scott.

That has never actually been confirmed.........

When Golesh left Tennessee ahead of the Vols' matchup against Clemson in the Orange Bowl last December, it was widely viewed as not a big deal by much of the UT fan base. 

The logic there is that Tennessee's offense is Josh Heupel's baby. That's certainly true, but Golesh still played a key role in making the offense work. Heupel is never going to be a coach that gives away secrets and intel so it's not clear exactly how the play calling duties were handled in Knoxville last season. Regardless, Golesh was a huge asset for Heupel and the Vols and his presence will be missed. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12

When USF had the opportunity to hire Coach Prime, that was THE opportunity! I thought this was a better place than Colorado to win. Everything was in place for winning to happen fast.  What happened? 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215

This thread is exactly what I hoped to see - college football season is BACK!  Good to know the USF fanbase still has some life to it!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

10 minutes ago, Sports said:

When USF had the opportunity to hire Coach Prime, that was THE opportunity! I thought this was a better place than Colorado to win. Everything was in place for winning to happen fast.  What happened? 

Sanders was NEVER coming to USF. Get over it. Maybe if you were a mega donor that has $6mil to give him every year, maybe. And please don’t come back with “but the stadium” bs. That’s a whole nother set of finances. NO! Not if they did this they could do that. They could not.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

On 9/3/2023 at 12:24 PM, BullShirt said:

You need to ask yourself this:  Could ANYONE bring the talent to USF at this point?  Seriously, ANYONE?  This is a bottom of the barrel program that needs a ground up, brick by brick rebuild.  Name brand coaches like Saban don’t take jobs like this.   First time and/or unknown coaches do and good players do not flock to them.

Will Goach work out?  I don’t know but too many people act like this is Notre Dame or Alabama and everyone should just want to play here.  Trust me, convincing good players to go to USF is probably harder right now than EVER BEFORE.

Yet somehow Golesh has number one class this conference. 

He will get this program turned around...still think 4+ wins happens this year. 

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Sanders was NEVER coming to USF. Get over it. Maybe if you were a mega donor that has $6mil to give him every year, maybe. And please don’t come back with “but the stadium” bs. That’s a whole nother set of finances. NO! Not if they did this they could do that. They could not.

The whole thing is too new. Sanders will probably be looking for the next opportunity if he continues to win At Colorado. I’m sorry but I’m not sold on TCU being all that good this season to begin with. One game does not make a season. On top of that  USF never had a chance to reject Sanders to begin with. He did end up talking some of USF players to join his program which should piss off USF fans. You are either a USF or a Sanders fan. There is no in between the way I see things.