• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Golesh is Bullish

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

12 hours ago, Friscobull said:

They take the upperclassman for the most part, not that surprising and doesn’t tell us anything.  For what it’s worth I think GB will start the year, we shall see.

Add to that the obvious leadership qualities he's shown and the fact that they've had him at several public speaking opportunities (i.e. the IPF opening). Product on the field notwithstanding, GB has been an excellent public ambassador for the program. It makes sense that Goach would bring him to media days

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

Some of you guys forgot.  GB was an absolute wrecking ball running the ball.  He had it rolling against Tulane (who won a NY6 bowl) and had USF primed for an upset, then went down.

After starting the year slow, he threw 6 TD's to 0 Int, and was running like his hair was on fire.

I'm good with either guy, but GB is not chump change.  USF has two good options right now.

USF had the worst defense in the country last year.  No QB was going to truly overcome that.

Edited by BullsFanInTX
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

On 7/15/2023 at 3:41 PM, jg233 said:

If Scott would have rolled with Brown from the start last year he might still have a job here.  That wouldn't be good.  My point is, do the opposite of what Scott did.  It is pretty easy to see that Brown is more talented and has 4 years left.

I dont think you remember the UF game.  Bohannon rocked that game. 
Bad snap lost us the go-ahead TD and missed the tie-up FG right after not thing he could control.

Best USF game I have been to since BJD's first career start against FSU in the Doak.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

14 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

Some of you guys forgot.  GB was an absolute wrecking ball running the ball.  He had it rolling against Tulane (who won a NY6 bowl) and had USF primed for an upset, then went down.

After starting the year slow, he threw 6 TD's to 0 Int, and was running like his hair was on fire.

I'm good with either guy, but GB is not chump change.  USF has two good options right now.

USF had the worst defense in the country last year.  No QB was going to truly overcome that.

worst defense with... was it 8 or 11 scholarship safeties... was that CAG's negligent or criminal example?

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210

18 minutes ago, gibbsak said:

Bad snap lost us the go-ahead TD and missed the tie-up FG right after not thing he could control.

Best USF game I have been to since BJD's first career start against FSU in the Doak.

I agree.  People remember what they want to remember.  Bohanon played a much tougher schedule that Brown did.  And I like Brown a lot.  

GB beats Florida if our snapper can snap a ball or was it the holder or whoever screwed up. 

Edited by BullsFanInTX
  • Like 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

36 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

He still had 6tds,6 interceptions , and 58% chance to complete a pass in 7 games. Those are not good numbers for a good division one quarterback. Now could he improve with better coaching? It is possible . I think Brown has a way better arm going off eye test and stats from last year. He also had the potential to elevate his game( due to age ) a lot more than Gerry has (6th year college player).  It will come down to who impresses goach the most and fits his system Gerry, brown,  Archie,  and Carter. I am willing to let goach chose his man and will judge goach/qb combo as the season progresses halfway. Being named the starter at usf is a a blessing and a curse. You are going to take a beating behind the line so the second and third man up are just as likely going to be a starter.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475

6 minutes ago, BullsFanInTX said:

I agree.  People remember what they want to remember.  Bohanon played a much tougher schedule that Brown did.  And I like Brown a lot.  

GB beats Florida if our snapper can snap a ball or was it the holder or whoever screwed up. 

While we made the mistakes there were some guys in striped shirts that were going to make sure we didn't win that game.

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

While we made the mistakes there were some guys in striped shirts that were going to make sure we didn't win that game.

Also the decision to have a quarterback that has already turned the ball over throwing with accuracy issues keep passing the  ball instead of continue to dominate them by running was dumb.  Gb and battie were averaging almost 8 yards a carry each. The refs really screwed but a competent coach would have stuck to what was working and everyone did to beat Florida run all over them..

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899

1 hour ago, gibbsak said:

worst defense with... was it 8 or 11 scholarship safeties... was that CAG's negligent or criminal example?

I believe the number was 15 (LOL!)

1 hour ago, BullsFanInTX said:

IIRC it was the holder who dropped the snap. And Shrader still almost booted that **** thing through the uprights. Dude would have been an all time legend if he pulled that off.

1 hour ago, gibbsak said:

Battie and Gerry were running wild. Why they abandoned the ground game when it mattered most was costly along with terrible calls.