• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Women’s lacrosse NIL?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,124
  • Days Won:  56

This is quite interesting to me. Our transfer from Clemson - an all-ACC freshman - has a lifetime NIL deal in place?

sofia-chepenik-usf.png
WWW.USALAXMAGAZINE.COM

The Clemson transfer's landmark NIL deal comes second to her desire to win.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,040
  • Days Won:  469

Bizarre...they never mention the dollars?  Yet it's with "LootMogul" (hosted on a rather sluggish discord site).

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,977
  • Days Won:  12

Good for her

I may want to come down for the first WLAX game. Seems like we will have a really good squad. 

Exciting to think about the possibility to bring lacrosse to Tampa too. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,356
  • Days Won:  8

Per the article, 197k followers between TikTok and Instagram - my guess is that LootMogul is not her only NIL deal and that her social media/influencer prowess probably was a driving factor for that lifetime NIL deal

Great for her:GoBulls:

It's all "good for her".  I'm just concerned as I would imagine many athletic departments are when something like this is touted as a "lifetime, lucrative, largest ever", etc...

It's sort of like dangling the "you're going to go pro" to all student athletes when it's such a longshot for 95+%

• Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,977
  • Days Won:  12

USF is doing a lot to help athletes land NIL deals. They don't even have to go through to collective. In this case, seems direct to athlete. 

I agree it's a little odd, very new, kinda weird, bit it we don't adapt we will die. We'll have to take our lumps and learn along the way like everyone else but we will come out better for it. 

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,356
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, Brad said:

It's all "good for her".  I'm just concerned as I would imagine many athletic departments are when something like this is touted as a "lifetime, lucrative, largest ever", etc...

It's sort of like dangling the "you're going to go pro" to all student athletes when it's such a longshot for 95+%

I honestly don’t see why the athletic department would care per se 

At the end of the day, NILs (broadly speaking across the NCAA) fall into two categories:

1) A legal way for boosters to funnel money to top recruits in football and basketball

2) Value proposition NILs, where the person paying gets something tangible in return.  This is basic capitalism 

With almost 200k worth of social media followers, Sofia brings some serious marketing power to the table.  Value is also why Olivia Dunne (the LSU gymnast) is one of the top grossing NIL athletes 

• Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,488
  • Days Won:  25

Does she know we are no longer associated and embarrassed of Clemson south branding by Papa and Junior Scott?

15 hours ago, hm101 said:

USF is doing a lot to help athletes land NIL deals. They don't even have to go through to collective. In this case, seems direct to athlete. 

You are correct.  It's called the Bull Market Exchange.  I went to a presentation on it a while back.  It's been improving and you do reach out directly with an offer to student-athletes.  Make a proposal and you're off and running.

image.png

DASH.INFLCR.COM

INFLCR Exchange

Either way, it's good for there to be multiple ways to support should you choose to.  Whether it's through the BullMarketExchange, FAC or direct to athletes like with Battie and Grier last year.  If you go direct like that, the players also report it in their associated app to track NIL deals/payments.