• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Important OCS Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

47 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I wonder how much all of you whining about shade have donated to the OCS fund? Or simply looking for another excuse to whine? Winning is what USF needs.

Winning and out of the aac, the OCS is focus and $350 Million spent on not serving either of those things

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

Winning and out of the aac, the OCS is focus and $350 Million spent on not serving either of those things

I don't see how we escape the AAC without winning. First things first. Like win these next 2 games.  Seeing USF at 7 - 5, no matter the competition level, will at least look reasonable to another conference. 

13 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I don't see how we escape the AAC without winning. First things first. Like win these next 2 games.  Seeing USF at 7 - 5, no matter the competition level, will at least look reasonable to another conference. 

Colorado was one of the least winningest teams before their move, SMU was not the most winningest team and Boise is still in the cold despite out meriting almost every call up. We should be better than we have been but no one cares about what is happening in the AAC on a day today, they do care about complete obscurity though. Showing signs of life is good and helps sell potential, if we are going 12-0 and no one is caring I would argue that hurts us more than helps us. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

25 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Colorado was one of the least winningest teams before their move, SMU was not the most winningest team and Boise is still in the cold despite out meriting almost every call up. We should be better than we have been but no one cares about what is happening in the AAC on a day today, they do care about complete obscurity though. Showing signs of life is good and helps sell potential, if we are going 12-0 and no one is caring I would argue that hurts us more than helps us. 

Right.

Boise State has not had a sub .500 season since 1996 and 1997, their first two seasons in FBS.  As member of FCS and D-II, they had 3 under .500from 1970 to 1995 (1986, 1992, and 1993).  Before 1986, their last losing season was 1946 when they were Boise Junior College.

Winning -- even a LOOOOOONGGG tradition of winning -- does not guarantee a move up.

Investing in the sport - like building an IPF and an OCS - that does tip the scales slightly... along with winning... and market ... and a number of other items.  The question is whether the total balance will be enough for USF to get the call up.  I believe it will.

Any ONE thing is not enough by itself.  It's the WHOLE picture.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

22 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You want us out of the AAC but winning won't do it .... if there was an option to buy our way in to a P5, we can't, partly because of "fans" like you. In all these years of whining about this, have you ever put forth what USF should realistically be doing to get out?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,626
  • Days Won:  25

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You want us out of the AAC but winning won't do it .... if there was an option to buy our way in to a P5, we can't, partly because of "fans" like you. In all these years of whining about this, have you ever put forth what USF should realistically be doing to get out?

Win and invest in athletics. We are doing part two, but we have really struggled at winning consistently since Leavitt was fired.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Win and invest in athletics. We are doing part two, but we have really struggled at winning consistently since Leavitt was fired.

My question wasn't really directed to the board ..... but thanks for the input.

Edited by Triple B

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I don’t see many teams beating UTSA at the Alamo Bowl tonight. Hopefully I’m wrong but in reality UTSA will probably smoke USF tonight. 

10 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

Right.

Boise State has not had a sub .500 season since 1996 and 1997, their first two seasons in FBS.  As member of FCS and D-II, they had 3 under .500from 1970 to 1995 (1986, 1992, and 1993).  Before 1986, their last losing season was 1946 when they were Boise Junior College.

Winning -- even a LOOOOOONGGG tradition of winning -- does not guarantee a move up.

Investing in the sport - like building an IPF and an OCS - that does tip the scales slightly... along with winning... and market ... and a number of other items.  The question is whether the total balance will be enough for USF to get the call up.  I believe it will.

Any ONE thing is not enough by itself.  It's the WHOLE picture.

I have never seen a single example where an ocs played a role at all and there is no logic that can be followed that will lead to it playing a factor, unless of course we are accounting for the fact an off campus stadium and on campus stadium are both an OCS (in which case size, quality and accessibility all may play a factor (in which case the current stadium trumps the proposed stadium)). 

8 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I have proposed many things 1) I proposed undercutting everyone at every opportunity long before teams started doing it and it actually paid off 2) Fire Mike Kelly and hire a professional 3) Over pay on Deion Sanders and give him whatever oversite he wanted 4) find any way to direct almost all athletic funds to NIL (especially ones that are being squandered on unnecessary vanity project only exciting to people that have proven they will never defect no matter what). 5) go independent if all else fails, use the lack of a mortgage and that games only cost you money and not holding cost to your advantage with more 2 for 1's, anything is better than dying on the vine. 

We need to drum up interest, a PR team wouldn't hurt, and everything has indicated that there is no interest in Tampa for the AAC. That is a legit problem that needs solving and ignoring it and blaming the consumer is not going to do that.

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

My question wasn't really directed to the board ..... but thanks for the input.

We cannot build time machines and there is no one here that is responsible for that (however much it sucks), the issue is not with what people did in the past it is how we are not tackling the here and now and being focused on the things that actually matter.

• Upvote 1