• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coach A on the cover

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,704
  • Days Won:  424

On 5/6/2023 at 5:33 PM, Outlaw said:

Feel good articles do nothing If they are  not followed by a winning culture and improvement on the field.

smh .... I guess I wasn't clear enough so I'll try again:

So what do the feel good articles written now do if they ARE followed by a winning culture and improvement .... nothing. It's just a simple magazine article. It's not supposed to DO anything but provide some enlightening reading material. Yet you feel inclined to try and twist the feel good article written now into more of your tired, droning, nonsensical b*******. Stick to the 1 FBS in 3 years script. It's the only "gripe" that's factually accurate you've got going on.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  12,610
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

smh .... I guess I wasn't clear enough so I'll try again:

So what do the feel good articles written now do if they ARE followed by a winning culture and improvement .... nothing. It's just a simple magazine article. It's not supposed to DO anything but provide some enlightening reading material. Yet you feel inclined to try and twist the feel good article written now into more of your tired, droning, nonsensical b*******. Stick to the 1 FBS in 3 years script. It's the only "gripe" that's factually accurate you've got going on.

False but our AD extended everybody and it seems to be working out terribly. Why would you hire a coach with a losing record that never accomplished anything as  HC to be Football Chief of Staff in Brad Scott? I was correct on that being a terrible move as well. 

Edited by Outlaw
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,271
  • Days Won:  255

38 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

False but our AD extended everybody and it seems to be working out terribly. Why would you hire a coach with a losing record that never accomplished anything as  HC to be Football Chief of Staff in Brad Scott? I was correct on that being a terrible move as well. 

I think trip is trying to point out that alumni magazines are just checkboxes departments feel they need to push out to show they are being engaged. By their very nature they are an advertisement filled with fluff pieces and more advertising. They need to fill it with some type of feel good news and a new coach and some hope of optimism is as good a story as any. Coach can’t talk about accomplishments because there aren’t any but that’s perfectly fine because the alumni magazine isn’t the forum for detailed athletic discussions and I’m sure he spent no more than 20 minutes of his life on the whole affair. Even I’ve been on the cover of the magazine and it didn’t impact anyone or anything on earth and I wouldn’t even know where to find a copy of it beyond the landfill.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,914
  • Days Won:  67

12 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think trip is trying to point out that alumni magazines are just checkboxes departments feel they need to push out to show they are being engaged. By their very nature they are an advertisement filled with fluff pieces and more advertising. They need to fill it with some type of feel good news and a new coach and some hope of optimism is as good a story as any. Coach can’t talk about accomplishments because there aren’t any but that’s perfectly fine because the alumni magazine isn’t the forum for detailed athletic discussions and I’m sure he spent no more than 20 minutes of his life on the whole affair. Even I’ve been on the cover of the magazine and it didn’t impact anyone or anything on earth and I wouldn’t even know where to find a copy of it beyond the landfill.

Wait, is that where you were chasing down the Jim after the epic WVA win as a pimple faced Sophomore or were you on the cover as a Business titan?  Do tell 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,914
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Agreed, Please explain to Trips on the reason the extensions were a bad idea, for some reason he is unable to grasp the concept. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Wait, is that where you were chasing down the Jim after the epic WVA win as a pimple faced Sophomore or were you on the cover as a Business titan?  Do tell 

It was some montage of fans, it been a while but I remember it as being on the cover once and some middle pages thing once. They had a stock photo of me for being one the first students with the iconic u tattoo. My memory of those times is a bit hazy but I believe I wasn’t actually a student and graduated in 2003 but I still had a lot of friends there and either was in the student section as a guest of them or paid some nominal amount for some transitional package they had available that let you sit in the section. Either way I’m pretty sure that I got the tattoo on a drunken whim in ybor, which I do not regret and it got me countless free drinks when I was transitioning to adulthood. 

The story that’s kind of like what you envision got me on the cover of the Times for some article called something to the effect of “Fans call unnecessary roughness” which had me and some other fan that used to post on here celebrating at midfield with Andre hall while the people not as good at jumping fences and avoiding slow security guard got beat downs in the end zone. 

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  12,610
  • Days Won:  25

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

It was some montage of fans, it been a while but I remember it as being on the cover once and some middle pages thing once. They had a stock photo of me for being one the first students with the iconic u tattoo. My memory of those times is a bit hazy but I believe I wasn’t actually a student and graduated in 2003 but I still had a lot of friends there and either was in the student section as a guest of them or paid some nominal amount for some transitional package they had available that let you sit in the section. Either way I’m pretty sure that I got the tattoo on a drunken whim in ybor, which I do not regret and it got me countless free drinks when I was transitioning to adulthood. 

The story that’s kind of like what you envision got me on the cover of the Times for some article called something to the effect of “Fans call unnecessary roughness” which had me and some other fan that used to post on here celebrating at midfield with Andre hall while the people not as good at jumping fences and avoiding slow security guard got beat downs in the end zone. 

Much better times for USF football with Jim running the show.

Just now, Outlaw said:

Much better times for USF football with Jim running the show.

Not for the fans in the end zone  

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,473
  • Days Won:  43

Is that the student that got the iconic U as a tramp stamp on the Cowhead show ? Those were some crazy times for USF fans back in those days

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

Q: Who controls the music in the locker room?

Golesh: Good players.

:roflmao:

• Haha 1