• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Source says Mike Brey to be hired by USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

16 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

Has Mike Brey's Wikipedia page been changed back to Not the Coach at USF?

How does Michael Kelly make every coaching hire a dumpster fire??

Becuase he stinks, but is changing the culture....sound familiar?

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

29 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Is frustrating when you see other similarly situated schools make great coaching hires in basketball and football but we are struggling to do the same. Just a few examples: FAU ( Herman), Liberty, Iona, Mc Neese State have all been able to hire good coaches.

Still holding out any opinion until the coaching hire is made. But there are no excuses at this point for Kelly not to get it done.

He needs to get it done. I agree. And it also seems like other schools of similar status fair out better than us. But it very much seems like a lot on here think we need a major name to be successful and that just isn’t true. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,846
  • Days Won:  22

2 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Bro, I'm losing it. I can't go into next season with my head coaches being Alex Golesh and Chris Capko/et al. I'm sure they're good guys and maybe have bright futures, but . . . we don't have time for this. We need to get this moving NOW. As bad as we've been, we can't afford on-the-job training. We need to get competitive TOMORROW in football and men's hoops, not three or four years from now.

If it makes you feel any better, Football is the only sport that will help or deter USF in moving up. That’s the one we need to hope and pray we strike gold and fast.

I have my velitas burning bright for that.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

12 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

You guys do realize that it is possible to win with hiring someone who is coming from being an assistant, right? I fully get that we haven’t had good luck in that route, but it doesn’t mean every hire has to be the same. It’s not what I want, but I at least think it’s worth giving someone a chance before we jump the gun and think it’s a terrible hire. 

See: Leavitt, Jim and Fernandez, Jose.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

8 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

You guys do realize that it is possible to win with hiring someone who is coming from being an assistant, right? I fully get that we haven’t had good luck in that route, but it doesn’t mean every hire has to be the same. It’s not what I want, but I at least think it’s worth giving someone a chance before we jump the gun and think it’s a terrible hire. 

In another day and time, I would agree with you, but I don't believe we have time for this. We are the definition of a program that needs a short-term fix to get football and men's basketball competitive right away. Our reputation for being a program "pregnant with possibilities" slips further away each day. We need that tide turned now - not 3-4-5 years from now with on-the-job training for unproven assistant coaches. We MUST become a/the power pretty quickly in this version of the AAC.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Just now, Dave_Glaser said:

In another day and time, I would agree with you, but I don't believe we have time for this. We are the definition of a program that needs a short-term fix to get football and men's basketball competitive right away. Our reputation for being a program "pregnant with possibilities" slips further away each day. We need that tide turned now - not 3-4-5 years from now with on-the-job training for unproven assistant coaches. We MUST become a/the power pretty quickly in this version of the AAC.

Time for this was 10 years ago dude

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,176
  • Days Won:  56

2 minutes ago, WWMJD said:

Time for this was 10 years ago dude

Can't argue with that, but I'm living for today.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

26 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Capko at USC and Gainey at Tennessee, who I saw mentioned on Twitter last week - and McCray at UF. Seriously? 

Absolute joke

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

10 minutes ago, Jim Johnson said:

See: Leavitt, Jim and Fernandez, Jose.

See: Antigua, Orlando and Scott, Jeff