• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WOO...HOO... Leavitt Limping into...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We're going to a bowl, thats all that matters...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

We're going to a bowl, thats all that matters...

Judge, I rest my case.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  18

Dude why are you so bitter? Lighten up...Rome sometimes takes a "few weeks" to build.

Go Bulls

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

settle for this team to not be a BIG EAST powerhouse, and National Power.

Any sort of timeline associated with this? Hmm...got that five year plan laying on the desk?

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

It's called settling. Something many fans seem to want to do with this program.

Oh, we have football. Hell, USF should have had football 25+ years ago. Oh, we have a new sports facility. So what? So do many, many other schools. Many nicer that USF's.

Football teams bottom line. Winning. Isn't happening enough. Isn't happening enough with the elite programs of the country. Are you happy to be on UCF's level? Louisville's level? UWV's level? I'm not. No one in the country. Trust me. Thinks about ANY of those teams when they think of great college football schools. Just doesn't happen.

So, the program either turns it up a notch, or stays right where it is - middle of the road - beat a decent team every now & then - hopefully go to a bowl game. Or, they (Leavitt - someone) says F#@# - it! I'm not settling for anything less than this team playing with FSU, UF, UM year -in, and year- out. Know why? Because they are elite programs, they win big games, and they know what the next level is like. USF hasn't even gotten in to the elevator to get up to the next level.

Settle people. You'll be much happier. You won't expect wins, or GOOD bowl games, or GOD FORBID, a National Championship.

Sorry, I'm rooting much higher. Car Quest Drive-in Bowl just doesn't do it for me when they could have had so much better.

Oh, we weren't suppose to win this year. We had blah, blah, balh, and blah, blah, blah. Screw it. Raise the bar. Get the talent in here, and win games, Leavitt. It's your ONLY job. Win games. Period. Not to be a nice guy, not to let us know why wins didn't happen. To win games.

Sorry, you left-wingers are still hoping the Kerry count turns around. Ain't gonna happen, and I ain't gonna settle for this team to not be a BIG EAST powerhouse, and National Power.

Ever heard the term "Rome wasn't built in a day?" If not, go look it up. If so, well go look it up again, because based on your posts, I don't think you got the concept.

Kizarvexis

Dude why are you so bitter? Lighten up...Rome sometimes takes a "few weeks" to build.

Go Bulls

Exactly, but you beat me to the punch. :)

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

Dude why are you so bitter?

To crappy losses. Two PROGRAM CHANGING loses. How can you possibly be happy to just say, "Oh well, we made it to a bowl game, and we weren't even suppose to do that this year". Why didn't they win? Why couldn' they have won the Big East? Why couldn't they be getting millions & millions of dollars to be in a BCS bowl game?

Oh, just wait until next year. Famous last words...

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Notre Dame was turned around by WIllingham.  Weis is taking advantage of that, and their strength of schedule is much weaker than ours.

We deserve to go to a bowl because we qualified for it by the bowl's standards.  It wasn't given to us but was something the team earned.  As for WVU, if you were at the stadium you would know that they aren't much better than we are.  I still think we would have won this game if we had beaten UConn.

It's too bad you have to look at things with such a miserable negative viewpoint, but that's alright, I guess.  You CODs  (cult of doomers)  are really something to chuckle at.  I'll be cheering on the Bulls in Charlotte.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  18

Your telling me that those two loses will kill this "nine year" old program? What you are saying simply does not make sense. Where were you when we beat UL?

Why didn't they win? Why couldn' they have won the Big East? Why couldn't they be getting millions & millions of dollars to be in a BCS bowl game?

Maybe because you didn't write the script? I wish and wish USF had won at UConn and vs WVU too... but it didn't happen. If wishes were horses, we'd all ride. USF didn't win the BE, but made progress in the whole scheme of things. Small steps, but steps forward none the less.

Kizarvexis