• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WOO...HOO... Leavitt Limping into...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

You jfcohio are no real fan! How many colleges are you aware of that have played their 100th gam in a bowl? What do you want a national championship this year? Be realistic! Now go back into your hole!

Go Bulls!!!!

Get back in my hole? What are you, twelve? Shouldn't you be in bed or are your parent's gone for the night?

National Championship? C'mon? This team DOES NOT deserve to go to a bowl game. And, if you say they do - why? Because of what games, or factors?

They had the opportunity to win at UConn to set-up the UWV game for the Big East title. Choked. They played UWV AT HOME to prove that they weren't a fluke this year. Well, they didn't do it. UWA won.

Wies goes to ND, and has them in the BCS in ONE year after a decade of crappy - really crappy - football. Good coaches can do that for a program. Leavitt is NOT that guy.

I'll tell everyone one of you I told you so over & over when it is proven in the next few years. He has 2 in my opinion. Really it should be next year, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. It won't happen. He is not a good enough coach to step it up a notch.

So, keep trying to slam me. I'll write down your user id's, and remind you of the outcome in 2007.

Thanks. This has been a public service announcement.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

The only thing more stupid than being happy with a 3% raise is turning it down when it's offered to you.

You make Cee look like a Rhodes Scholar.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  18

Whoooo jfcohio your a real tough guy....you little punk you would not know what a good college football team was if it bit you in the ass. We played te 8th toughest schedule in that natin and won 6 games.That is good for a bowl. Again, go back into your hole!!!

Guest USF Grouper

I can't say that I totally disagree with the original poster.  I have argued since before USF played college football that a 6 and 5 team should not get a bowl bid.  I guess if an 8 and 4 FSU can get a BCS bowl bid, a 6 and 5 USF deserves something.

I would also tend to agree with the comments about the length of Leavit's contract.  I didn't expect USF to beat WVU this weekend, but I did expect them to beat UCONN.  USF is a better team than UCONN and while they played poorly, the coaching staff lost the game for them.  When unpaid college athletes make big time mistakes it is easier to over look than when the highly paid coaching staff makes them.  

I am very excited to see USF going to their first ever bowl game.  I don't think they deserve it, nor do I think any 6 and 5 team deserves a bowl game.  It also seems quite clear that we backed into this bowl game, loosing our last two games and needing victories by UofL over UCONN and WVU over Pitt.  Never-the-less I will be there to cheer the Bulls on regardless of who they play.  The Bulls certainly exceeded my expectations for this season.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

This team DOES NOT deserve to go to a bowl game. And, if you say they do - why? Because of what games, or factors?

We meet all the requirements for going to a bowl.  We are bowl eligible.

They had the opportunity to win at UConn to set-up the UWV game for the Big East title. Choked.

I think everyone agrees with this.

They played UWV AT HOME to prove that they weren't a fluke this year. Well, they didn't do it. UWA won.

WVU was the better team.

Wies goes to ND, and has them in the BCS in ONE year about a decade of crappy - really crappy - football. Good coaches can do that for a program. Leavitt is NOT that guy.

You're kidding right.  It's a hell of a lot easier to recruit for Notre Dame.  There was a lot of talent when he got there.

So, keep trying to slam me. I'll write down your user id's, and remind you of the outcome in 2007.

It's capital "S", capital "C", capital "B", u-l-l-s-f-a-n

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

Wies goes to ND, and has them in the BCS in ONE year after a decade of crappy - really crappy - football. Good coaches can do that for a program. Leavitt is NOT that guy.

Umm.  Guess what?  We're not Notre Dame.  We don't have the blue chip recruits knocking at our door constantly.

We have have winning seasons (despite one of the toughest schedules of all 119 teams, this year) and go to bowl games to attract talent.

If you want to get behind a cause that holds water, go be indignant about F$U going to the Orange Bowl.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

We played te 8th toughest schedule in that natin and won 6 games.That is good for a bowl. Again, go back into your hole!!!

Not to be the devil's advocate, but our BCS SOS dropped to 33rd...

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

Get back in my hole? What are you, twelve? Shouldn't you be in bed or are your parent's gone for the night?

National Championship? C'mon? This team DOES NOT deserve to go to a bowl game. And, if you say they do - why? Because of what games, or factors?

They had the opportunity to win at UConn to set-up the UWV game for the Big East title. Choked. They played UWV AT HOME to prove that they weren't a fluke this year. Well, they didn't do it. UWA won.

I'll tell everyone one of you I told you so over & over when it is proven in the next few years. He has 2 in my opinion. Really it should be next year, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. It won't happen. He is not a good enough coach to step it up a notch.

Thanks. This has been a public service announcement.

You're comparing The Conference of Notre Dame, who has been playing football for 116 years and started in 1887! - to 9 year old USF? What? Are you nuts?!? You can't compare USF to the big name schools, because the big name schools all have been playing for DECADES! This is USF's first decade and they are in the Big East and playing in a Dec 31st Bowl after just 9, NINE years of football. Only 5 of it in I-A and 3 in a conference! Get over yourself and your UF/FSU/UM expectations and enjoy the heights USF has achieved in 9 short years.

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  18

Good point Joe but based on the start of the season no one knows what is going to happen. 33 SOS is still not too bad. Penn St. is Org. Bowl bound, WVU is Sugar Bwl bound, Miamiwill go somewhere and the BE bowls are contitute a difficult schedule. Again 6 wins is a good year.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

The only thing more stupid than being happy with a 3% raise is turning it down when it's offered to you.

You make Cee look like a Rhodes Scholar.

It's called settling. Something many fans seem to want to do with this program.

Oh, we have football. Hell, USF should have had football 25+ years ago. Oh, we have a new sports facility. So what? So do many, many other schools. Many nicer that USF's.

Football teams bottom line. Winning. Isn't happening enough. Isn't happening enough with the elite programs of the country. Are you happy to be on UCF's level? Louisville's level? UWV's level? I'm not. No one in the country. Trust me. Thinks about ANY of those teams when they think of great college football schools. Just doesn't happen.

So, the program either turns it up a notch, or stays right where it is - middle of the road - beat a decent team every now & then - hopefully go to a bowl game. Or, they (Leavitt - someone) says F#@# - it! I'm not settling for anything less than this team playing with FSU, UF, UM year -in, and year- out. Know why? Because they are elite programs, they win big games, and they know what the next level is like. USF hasn't even gotten in to the elevator to get up to the next level.

Settle people. You'll be much happier. You won't expect wins, or GOOD bowl games, or GOD FORBID, a National Championship.

Sorry, I'm rooting much higher. Car Quest Drive-in Bowl just doesn't do it for me when they could have had so much better.

Oh, we weren't suppose to win this year. We had blah, blah, balh, and blah, blah, blah. Screw it. Raise the bar. Get the talent in here, and win games, Leavitt. It's your ONLY job. Win games. Period. Not to be a nice guy, not to let us know why wins didn't happen. To win games.

Sorry, you left-wingers are still hoping the Kerry count turns around. Ain't gonna happen, and I ain't gonna settle for this team to not be a BIG EAST powerhouse, and National Power.