• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Get ready for a slow start for USF baseball . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Update... even though PG says he didn't sign. he did.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  851
  • Days Won:  1

Think we had 3-4 strong recruits that were all drafted and signed unfortunately. Hopefully our pitching surprises to the upside this year. Excited for baseball to be back. 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

There's a lot of good young arms there that are unproven obviously at the college level.  Just need a couple of them to emerge.  Offensively, we should be solid.  Hopefully everyone stays healthy because I'm not sure how much depth is there.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,126
  • Days Won:  56

3 hours ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Think we had 3-4 strong recruits that were all drafted and signed unfortunately. Hopefully our pitching surprises to the upside this year. Excited for baseball to be back. 

Until last year, pitching had been our strong point and should be, given CBM was a pitcher and a pitching coach. We have gotten better offensively, so let's hope he regains his touch with the young staff. I was pretty surprised we didn't see a few more transfer/JUCO pitchers added - which tells me he probably feels pretty good about the young talent. Honestly, we didn't get a whole lot out of Grause, Dietz and Cebert last year, but Coach Mohl obviously felt good enough about them and expects them to make a jump with a year under their belts.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

On 1/29/2023 at 10:33 AM, Dave_Glaser said:

So I just took a closer look at the Bulls’ schedule and it seems like a bit of an over-reach to open the season. The first five are against ranked teams (#13 Maryland and #7 UF) then three at an FAU team that won 35 games last year and one at FSU. Northeastern for 3 and a single game against Pitt - then 3 on the west coast at Long Beach State. That has the makings of a really rough start. If they come out of that first month in decent shape, we may have something. Our lineup looks pretty good, but the pitching is completely unproven - especially the starters. Opener is Feb. 17.

Well Dave, then maybe I'll just hold off on tickets and wait to join you at the Super Regionals like I did way back in 2021.  At least that first game, the BBQ and the music were good.:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, SilverBull said:

Well Dave, then maybe I'll just hold off on tickets and wait to join you at the Super Regionals like I did way back in 2021.  At least that first game, the BBQ and the music were good.:thumbsup:

Nah, I'll see you at the ballpark! We have to see that new turf/grass combo with our own eyes.  🙂

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  851
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, SilverBull said:

Had to suffer through one of the Texas games on a plane's horribly slow WiFi, so unfortunately did not get to see the Brutch Bomb in real time :( Best moment in USF baseball history possibly. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,452
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Had to suffer through one of the Texas games on a plane's horribly slow WiFi, so unfortunately did not get to see the Brutch Bomb in real time :( Best moment in USF baseball history possibly. 

I was chatting with some Texas fans about how you can never tell what the Bulls will do right when that dinger occurred.  We all had a pretty good laugh about the irony but theirs was clearly a more nervous laugh.

• Go Bulls! 1

1 hour ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

It was the single greatest moment I’ve ever witnessed live at any USF game. I wasn’t at Auburn for the Grothe to Hester. The Texas fans were all on their feet screaming for the K to end it and . . . Wham! Brutcher shut up the entire stadium except for a couple hundred of us losing our minds down the first base line.

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1