• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who is our marquee player or players for 2023?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

So I'm looking at the stats from 2023 and as far as returning players this year, the biggest returning production that we will have for 2023 seem to be with QB Byrum Brown and then Sean Atkins at wr with 19 catches for 238 yards. I figure we will go with Sean Atkins and Brown as the faces of the program for next season?

Edited by Bullcocky

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

Atkins??? And how do you know GB isn’t going to start at QB?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

Atkins??? And how do you know GB isn’t going to start at QB?

Not sure but the stats from last year BB looked much better. Gerry is also coming off back to back season ending injuries.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,033
  • Days Won:  10

10 hours ago, Bullcocky said:

So I'm looking at the stats from 2023 and as far as returning players this year, the biggest returning production that we will have for 2023 seem to be with QB Byrum Brown and then Sean Atkins at wr with 19 catches for 238 yards. I figure we will go with Sean Atkins and Brown as the faces of the program for next season?

I would include potentially Bohanon as a face of our program for next year. Hopefully Golesh is able to turn out a few rabbits out of his hat, and is able to get some players from other programs through the transfer portal who have proven that they can start and put up decent numbers at other FBS programs. A player in the mold of a Bohanon who when he came in last year had been a starter at Baylor. 

Edited by belgianbull

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I would include potentially Bohanon as a face of our program for next year. Hopefully Golesh is able to turn out a few rabbits out of his hat, and is able to get some players from other programs through the transfer portal who have proven that they can start and put up decent numbers at other FBS programs. A player in the mold of a Bohanon who when he came in last year had been a starter at Baylor. 

It's hard to make somebody the face of the program before they've done anything at your school. If they produce during the year, then we can certainly start promoting them. Who are we putting on the calendars this year though.

From what I'm seeing,  we've lost our best players on defense, so I expect the defense to take a step back and the QBs and Atkins are the best players we have left on offense. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Bullcocky said:

It's hard to make somebody the face of the program before they've done anything at your school. If they produce during the year, then we can certainly start promoting them. Who are we putting on the calendars this year though.

From what I'm seeing,  we've lost our best players on defense, so I expect the defense to take a step back and the QBs and Atkins are the best players we have left on offense. 

Defense take a step back? You can’t go backwards from the worst USF defense of all time 

• Haha 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, jjlovecub said:

Defense take a step back? You can’t go backwards from the worst USF defense of all time 

The scoreboards are digital and can go to triple digits, can't they?

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,415
  • Days Won:  43

B Brown. Everyone else will be following that leader during the next few seasons.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,520
  • Days Won:  25

10 hours ago, jjlovecub said:

If the defense takes a step back then we should just onside kick every time we score. If we get the ball 1/4 times that is a better stop rate then our defense.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

gb will be the starter or he will be gone