• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fire Michael Kelly

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Fans can be critical, but don’t sink to the level of namecalling and insulting.  Stay classy.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

If after this dumpster fire  Kelly ends up going with Capko I would be officially on the fire Kelly bandwagon.

Hiring coaches is the most important part of his job, and what's going on is an embarrassment.

Now the only thing that could restore my faith in Kelly is if he keeps going and is able to land us a good coach after all. If he ends up going with Capko in my book he would have given up

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

49 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

If after this dumpster fire  Kelly ends up going with Capko I would be officially on the fire Kelly bandwagon.

Hiring coaches is the most important part of his job, and what's going on is an embarrassment.

Now the only thing that could restore my faith in Kelly is if he keeps going and is able to land us a good coach after all. If he ends up going with Capko in my book he would have given up

He just would ask you to donate more money because that is his strong suit lobbying  and getting donations . My wife who is involved with school still doing  business stuff laughs  that I ever  expect usf to win the last few seasons. She doesn't really want to go to games anymore because she said they are not fun to watch anymore.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Outlaw said:

He just would ask you to donate more money because that is his strong suit lobbying  and getting donations .

Yes, and I am all for donating money ( and I am at a point in my life where that's possible), but if I donate money I expect him to be able to hire proven coaches. I would not trust Kelly with my money right at this point.

• Upvote 1

Lets see how all this plays out, but all this reeks to me as total ineptitude. If we cannot trust Kelly to make the case to any qualified proven coach about coaching at USF, how are we to expect when the time comes that he will be able to sell USF as  a candidate for expansion to Power 5 conferences.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

And just because it wasn't made public, MK could have approached, offered and talked to very qualified coaches who just weren't interested in coming to USF.  Not everyone is just waiting for an offer to take this job.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

And just because it wasn't made public, MK could have approached, offered and talked to very qualified coaches who just weren't interested in coming to USF.  Not everyone is just waiting for an offer to take this job.

I am sure he is trying. But what does it say about Kelly as a USF athletics salesman. He gets paid millions so we should expect him to be able get a deal done

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

Yes, and I am all for donating money ( and I am at a point in my life where that's possible), but if I donate money I expect him to be able to hire proven coaches. I would not trust Kelly with my money right at this point.

This is why I cut back on my donations. The value is not there under Ad Mk.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

In football he publicly wanted Jamey Chadwell, but got beat out by Liberty. Ended up with a candidate just good enough to sell the fanbase on.

In basketball he wanted Mike Brey, got beat out by TV. Then he wanted Ryan Odom and got beat out by VCU.

I'm sure he'll find somebody better than Capko that can get our hopes up. But its crazy how consistently embarrassing these searches are getting for the University

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374
  • Days Won:  5

37 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Well it's his job to make USF attractive to highly qualified coaches

• Upvote 2