• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Manny is coming

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  56

If MK doesn’t pull a rabbit out of his hat, there’s no other way to look at this than as a scramble and a hire. If the coach we hire wasn’t involved in a game being played this weekend, you can’t spin the hire as anything but a consolation prize. Let’s please not hear “He was our guy all along.”

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Dave_Glaser said:

If MK doesn’t pull a rabbit out of his hat, there’s no other way to look at this than as a scramble and a hire. If the coach we hire wasn’t involved in a game being played this weekend, you can’t spin the hire as anything but a consolation prize. Let’s please not hear “He was our guy all along.”

I agree with this. I don't fault him for the swing and miss though. At least he went for it.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,079
  • Days Won:  39

Manny getting some hype on Twitter

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  56

Just now, Bull94 said:

I agree with this. I don't fault him for the swing and miss though. At least he went for it.

For sure - and whatever happens, it doesn’t mean we’re not going to get a guy who can get it done. We all need to remember that and support the new hire.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

He may turn out to be a good coach but The optics of us hiring Manny would be horrible.   Apparently he wanted the FAU job and FAU went with Herman.  We suffer through a week long clown show where we get turned down by both of our top candidates.  Now it will look we're on to option D E or F.  FAU fires their coach and in less than a week has a search and pulls in a damned good coach.  This has been a total miscalculation on the part of MK.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

For sure - and whatever happens, it doesn’t mean we’re not going to get a guy who can get it done. We all need to remember that and support the new hire.

absolutely. I still think we are in one of the best positions in our conference. Fertile recruiting. New facilities.

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

He may turn out to be a good coach but The optics of us hiring Manny would be horrible.   Apparently he wanted the FAU job and FAU went with Herman.  We suffer through a week long clown show where we get turned down by both of our top candidates.  Now it will look we're on to option D E or F.  FAU fires their coach and in less than a week has a search and pulls in a damned good coach.  This has been a total miscalculation on the part of MK.  

FAU was never in the running for the other two. Herman may be better than Diaz but he doesn't have the florida connections. Maybe MK never really considered him an option.

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

absolutely. I still think we are in one of the best positions in our conference. Fertile recruiting. New facilities.

so is FAU with more than likely a better coach 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,885
  • Days Won:  67

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

MK is dead man walking along with our program, fire him or don’t, gave my last ****, deuces. It was a long ride, but I can’t say it was a good one, either way it has ended.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

FAU was never in the running for the other two. Herman may be better than Diaz but he doesn't have the florida connections. Maybe MK never really considered him an option.

Who's to say we were in the running and not getting played the whole time.  FAU knew their lane and stayed in it and got a damned good coach.  FAU passed on Manny and hired Herman yet Manny Is good enough for USF