• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF players and the Transfer Portal

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,573
  • Days Won:  28

15 minutes ago, E.T. said:

I was hoping for him last when he entered the portal last year. He kick a$$ at Arkansas this year - 

"During Arkansas' 13 games this season, Domineck played 316 snaps and recorded 34 total tackles, 7.5 sacks, 9.5 tackles for loss, 12 QB hurries, four missed tackles and two forced fumbles. He had the second most sacks on Arkansas' team this year and he was tied for third in the SEC in sacks. "

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

26 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I'll help this thread stay on topic - 

Well that sucks. Wasn’t he the backup to Cecil?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

He mainly played at Guard . . . 

I thought he was a guard. Either way, he probably was our best remaining O-lineman besides Jennings and last year's transfers. But I assume CAG simply wants a better run blocking offensive line. Either way, this is why I support the new transfer portal. It allows players to find better situations for themselves. 

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  336
  • Days Won:  0

This Transfer Portal is ridiculous. Bigger schools must be recruiting players from the smaller schools (i.e. - USF, etc.) with promises of bigger NIL payments. Thus, why would Dustyn Hall enter the Transfer Portal a month after it opened?

Most schools seem to have to rebuild their entire team / depth each year due to players using up their eligibility and also the Transfers. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

6 minutes ago, E.T. said:

He mainly played at Guard . . . 

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I thought he was a guard.

Understand, but didn’t he backup at center when Brad didn’t play? 

Understand, but didn’t he backup at center when Brad didn’t play? 

Probably. Every time his name was mentioned, it was always positive stuff mentioned. He definitely was one of our best offensive lineman coming into this year. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

21 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Recruiting in the current landscape will be as much about recruiting new players to come to USF as holding on to the best players you already have. Not a good week for USF since we also lost Weaver in the last week. Coach Golesh will need to convince current players that the future of USF football is bright.

13 minutes ago, Cpa_bull1990 said:

This Transfer Portal is ridiculous. Bigger schools must be recruiting players from the smaller schools (i.e. - USF, etc.) with promises of bigger NIL payments. Thus, why would Dustyn Hall enter the Transfer Portal a month after it opened?

Most schools seem to have to rebuild their entire team / depth each year due to players using up their eligibility and also the Transfers. 

CAG has brought in 6 offensive lineman to the team since he has become our coach. I am sure he has had a conversation with our current group of offensive linemen and let them know how he feels about them. He has also replaced the Moldrige who was doing a GREAT job. Yet you accuse him of leaving us for NIL money? I see a dude who is protecting his career, by moving on from a coach who doesn't value him. Some of you guys need to stop blaming the NIL for every single transfer. Most players are looking for a fair environment and playing time. 

5 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

Recruiting in the current landscape will be as much about recruiting new players to come to USF as holding on to the best players you already have. Not a good week for USF since we also lost Weaver in the last week. Coach Golesh will need to convince current players that the future of USF football is bright.

Exactly! 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,850
  • Days Won:  22

You know the style of offense he wants to run. Maybe these guys don’t fit his system, specially the speed to run plays. He has recruited OL and now I’m sure we will see some from transfer portal come in.

Im hoping for DT, OL and WR from portal

• Upvote 2