• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, OcalaBull2 said:

So who else would you recommend?

Our last two hires were someone that failed miserably as a head coach prior to USF and then a coordinator from a national championship program, and you can see how both of those worked out. Chadwell is a current head coach who will be playing in his 2nd conference title game in 3 years with an overall record of 39-21 at Coastal. He also has 21 kids on his roster from the state of Florida. 

Also should me noted that I believe JMU finished in first of the Sun Belt this season.Reason they are not going to the conference title game is because they are not eligible for it yet due to just jumping up from FCS to FBS. 

5 minutes ago, mj796 said:

I really don't see how anyone can look at this guy's body of work and the level of interest he has received from other schools and consider this a crap hire? Who would be a non-crap hire? Deion would be an excellent recruiter...still is a higher risk than a typical coach (certainly with higher upside). If Deion was never mentioned and of course of CJL was a non-starter (truly sad), this guy would have been considered a huge win. Honestly, MK has a ton of stuff outside of the coach to worry about that I witnessed on Saturday:

1. Why did he allow the stadium to feel like a home game for UCF? Literally giving away tickets to anyone else would have been better.

2. Why does our band continue to look so bad...even the UCF people wore their uniforms the whole game.

3. Why are so many of our cheerleaders/sun dolls so fat while UCF has shockingly fit cheerleaders (and they are actually crazy athletic)

4. Why is the UCF tailgating experience so much more impassioned?

5. Why don't we wear the slime look more?

So many issues he is struggling with...looks like he hired one of the best options available. Let's celebrate that. 

lol can’t tell if you are serious or cracking a joke 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,498
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Bull Awakening said:

Seriously, started out fine and then went to crap.....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,433
  • Days Won:  3

I'm pumped to see what Chadwell does with our kind of athletes on offense. He runs motions I didn't even know were legal, so the guy is pretty innovative and effective. That's exciting. However, the offense was not the issue for us this year. If he comes here, it won't be about his offense but rather how well and how quickly he can recruit great DEFENSIVE talent. It should be all about fixing the defense if you're the next USF coach.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (3).gif

1 minute ago, bullstampede9922 said:

Seriously, started out fine and then went to crap.....

Yeah lol. I did get a good laugh so I thank the poster. Should be noted that the USF Cheer team actually won a few championships recently in Orlando.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

9 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

So who else would you recommend?

Our last two hires were someone that failed miserably as a head coach prior to USF and then a coordinator from a national championship program, and you can see how both of those worked out. Chadwell is a current head coach who will be playing in his 2nd conference title game in 3 years with an overall record of 39-21 at Coastal. He also has 21 kids on his roster from the state of Florida. 

Chad Morris would be a better hire.... A FCS coach does nothing to excite me... 21 kids who couldn't get P6 offers

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13

12 minutes ago, bulloni said:

any word on if he's waiting until after the conference championship? a coach leaving would certainly explain why they laid such an egg this past weekend

As @Sellular1 said ... If he told his team, we would have heard about it... and word might even leak before he even tells his team.   You see all of the "TEAM have scheduled a team meeting at XXpm today." posts.

More likely there may be some final negotiations while he is busy watching game film on Troy, working with his coaches on the game plan, and getting his team ready to win the Sun Belt. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

23 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

I'm confused too.... I could spend the next hour alone naming better hires

Edited by Brad
remove removed post

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Chad Morris would be a better hire.... A FCS coach does nothing to excite me... 21 kids who couldn't get P6 offers

The coach who won zero conference games in two seasons the last time he was a head coach?

"An FCS coach does nothing to excite me" ... Perfect! Then let's hire Chadwell, who is currently a head coach at an FBS school 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  410
  • Days Won:  2

If y'all do get Chadwell, that's a legitimately good hire. Prime is a mystery what he actually wants and I'm still not sold on him as a coach. Though tbh that wouldn't be an issue for y'all in the new AAC since simply out talenting your opponents would be enough and then when he gets hired away, the next guy can fine tune X's and O's. Rhule was never looking at anything other than a P5. Gruden hasn't coached college in 31 years and would have a tough time getting buy in from players. Leavitt, you all already know this subject better than I do lol, was never happening. 

There's splashy coordinators out there but do you really want someone to earn their training wheels here again? I think this would be among the best realistic choices to get you back on track.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1