• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jeff Scott's Farewell

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700
  • Days Won:  2

5 minutes ago, E.T. said:

Very Classy and expected from this coach. Usually I stop "following" a football coach when he leaves USF, but Leavitt and Scott are exceptional men.

Go BULLS !!!

Agreed. 

8 hours ago, Brad said:

Maybe you could have showed some class.  

People either have it or they don't unfortunately 

6 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I consider myself a die hard and think of El Toro as one also.  If he didn’t get fired we weren't renewing.  You are thinking of something of something above hard. Impervious maybe? 

What's your level of confidence in Kelly making the correct decision going forward? I'm genuinely curious.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

6 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I consider myself a die hard and think of El Toro as one also.  If he didn’t get fired we weren't renewing.  You are thinking of something of something above hard. Impervious maybe? 

It's all in how one interprets die hard fan. IMO, it's one who is there through thick and thin, no matter how thin it gets. Others obviously have a different opinion ....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It's all in how one interprets die hard fan. IMO, it's one who is there through thick and thin, no matter how thin it gets. Others obviously have a different opinion ....

There is no interpretation necessary diehard means hard to kill but it’s possible, never die means it’s not possible to be killed. CJS did his best to push the limits of hard which was particularly unfortunate as it followed CCS’ efforts even though they ended up rather pedestrian by comparison.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

Man, if Jeff decided he was good with not being on the coaching side of things anymore, I'd love to get him in some kind of role in Athletics where he can schmooze boosters and help fundraise.

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

I guess I have a different take on Scott's letter - I would quantify it as professional as opposed to classy

As for whether or not he is a good person, like most on this board, I have never met him and therefore have no idea about his moral compass (though I have seen nothing to indicate he is anything other than a good person)

There is an unfortunate perception in American society that you need to be an A-Hole to be an effective leader (that perception is widely held in sports, business and politics).  Anyone who actually practices or believes that is not effective, they are just an A-Hole.

IMO, Jeff Scott's lack of success at USF had nothing to do with his temperament, ethics or professionalism.  It was his poor judgement and decision making that led to his demise

That being said, I wish him the best of luck at his next stop and hope that USF can find both a professional and successful coach to replace Scott

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

I guess I have a different take on Scott's letter - I would quantify it as professional as opposed to classy

As for whether or not he is a good person, like most on this board, I have never met him and therefore have no idea about his moral compass (though I have seen nothing to indicate he is anything other than a good person)

There is an unfortunate perception in American society that you need to be an A-Hole to be an effective leader (that perception is widely held in sports, business and politics).  Anyone who actually practices or believes that is not effective, they are just an A-Hole.

IMO, Jeff Scott's lack of success at USF had nothing to do with his temperament, ethics or professionalism.  It was his poor judgement and decision making that led to his demise

That being said, I wish him the best of luck at his next stop and hope that USF can find both a professional and successful coach to replace Scott

I resemble that comment, but in the same way people like and think CJS is a good guy because they feel he resembles them

Edited by puc86

12 minutes ago, GoBulls84 said:

Man, if Jeff decided he was good with not being on the coaching side of things anymore, I'd love to get him in some kind of role in Athletics where he can schmooze boosters and help fundraise.

I think we call that VPMK, they are very similar which is probably why they got along well but we could have used more complimentary skills than redundant ones.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

30 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Obviously  we are all here and wanted what is best for the program. The right decision was finally made and it was clear for a long time that decision needed to made. People denied reality and results and just delayed the suck. Now we have a chance to turn this around with a new coach and get usf out of rock bottom. 

Edited by Outlaw