• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: Bulls at #15 Auburn Tigers

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Very similar to last year's game so we'll see in 2 or 3 months if things are different this year ....

But at some point Harris has to improve upon a 22% fg percentage ............ doesn't he?

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

9 hours ago, Brad said:

We do need to take losses in context.  This isn’t football.  

And while losing is painful, it doesn’t mean we should expect, or have a chance at all, to win the next game on the schedule regardless of whether it’s Houston or St.Leo. 

it’s tough, but we’ll survive. 

but does the coach?

One thing that jumped out looking at box score this morning is that he really shortened up the bench, to basically 8. Didn't hear if we had injuries or not. Only change to starters was switching in Hines for Miguel, getting equal minutes. Both seemed to respond, especially Selton.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

But at some point Harris has to improve upon a 22% fg percentage ............ doesn't he?

Want to hear something funny? The announcer after the game said…. The Bulls need to be better at the charity stripe. Said, had we made 80 % we win! Now that’s funny **** right there! Once again a Brian Gregory team that can’t win from the free throw line. Brilliant!

47 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Want to hear something funny? The announcer after the game said…. The Bulls need to be better at the charity stripe. Said, had we made 80 % we win! Now that’s funny **** right there! Once again a Brian Gregory team that can’t win from the free throw line. Brilliant!

Funny, I guess, but inaccurate. They would have had to shoot 88% from the stripe to win that game, Auburn shot 62%. Second, they are CBG's players so he is ultimately responsible but, imo, free throw shooting is all on the players. If I recall correctly, the Muma is open 24/7 to them. They've got enough to work on in practice than to spend too much time on something that requires 0 teamwork.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

The real issue, in my opinion, is we can’t make an outside shot. I can’t recall a single outside shot made in the second half. Maybe it happened but I don’t think so. I think 100% of our second half points were from the paint or free throw line. They made several threes and took away our transition game. You can’t win close games that way. You have to be able to shoot. Both teams were horrendous from the free throw line. That wasn’t the issue. We just don’t recruit shooters. We recruit athletes that are more slashers. I do like the new point guard. I wouldn’t have taken him out of the game for a minute. He has great vision but either needs to learn to shoot better or dish more. However he’s going to be solid.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,374

48 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Funny, I guess, but inaccurate. They would have had to shoot 88% from the stripe to win that game, Auburn shot 62%. Second, they are CBG's players so he is ultimately responsible but, imo, free throw shooting is all on the players. If I recall correctly, the Muma is open 24/7 to them. They've got enough to work on in practice than to spend too much time on something that requires 0 teamwork.

It's been a pattern.  Players change, poor free throw shooting doesn't.  Might want to spend a few minutes at practice on half court offense while they are at it

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

The real issue, in my opinion, is we can’t make an outside shot. I can’t recall a single outside shot made in the second half. Maybe it happened but I don’t think so. I think 100% of our second half points were from the paint or free throw line. They made several threes and took away our transition game. You can’t win close games that way. You have to be able to shoot. Both teams were horrendous from the free throw line. That wasn’t the issue. We just don’t recruit shooters. We recruit athletes that are more slashers. I do like the new point guard. I wouldn’t have taken him out of the game for a minute. He has great vision but either needs to learn to shoot better or dish more. However he’s going to be solid.

Who?  Harris?

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

10 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

Who?  Harris?

Yes. I thought he handled pressure well. Loved the soft touch on the alley oop. Has a quick first step. Just needs to distribute a bit more when driving. 

8 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

Yes. I thought he handled pressure well. Loved the soft touch on the alley oop. Has a quick first step. Just needs to distribute a bit more when driving. 

The alley oops were nice, but 2-12 shooting, 0-5 from 3 and only 3 assists leaves a lot to be desired