• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Replacements for Jeff Scott

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,347
  • Days Won:  0

18 minutes ago, OhioBull said:

The reason I think Frost is because he’s won at our level. He was close at Nebraska and feel like in some ways it wasn’t all on him. I wouldn’t mind the hire but maybe there is someone better. 

Bunch of coaches have won at our "level". Zero reason to bring in an alleged alcoholic.

Edited by USFBULL_08

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  38

22 hours ago, Brad said:

And my anger over the years has been about my alma mater and how they handled that "situation".  I was so ashamed, so negative and so disconnected from USF because of it.  Selfishly speaking, it's just the fact that this powerful institution could right the wrong and show some ******* decency, contrition and interest in the rest of us.  It would be spectacular.   Afterall, they try to teach us all to do the same.  They broke ethical norms.  I thought MK was not cut from the same mold.  I thought he'd at least find a way three years ago.  He didn't. CJL was hoping for it, this I know.  Final chance to fix the program, the University and the fans.  If we pass on this time, we'll NEVER do it right.  Inviting him back at your pleasure when he's 80 years old is no good.  ******* end this nightmare.  Don't continue to make it worse.

Look, Leavitt is on my short list.  I'm alumni as well - and I attended during our golden years.  Hell, I was at the Auburn game and WV game (as well as all the other home games).  Even met CJL.  He was a god in my eyes.  But to blame the University for this and even claim that they "broke ethical norms" is utterly ridiculous.  Leavitt allegedly physically assaulted a player, which is at least a fireable offense, if not a crime.  Even if you don't believe those allegations, he lied and interfered with the investigation (which, why do you do that if you are innocent?).  If nothing else - interfering with the investigation is a MAJOR ethical violation and certainly a fireable offense.  I'm willing to forgive him for some very poor decisions and even hire him back - but to say that the University was somehow in the wrong is ludicrous. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,502
  • Days Won:  43

4 minutes ago, USFguy1977 said:

Look, Leavitt is on my short list.  I'm alumni as well - and I attended during our golden years.  Hell, I was at the Auburn game and WV game (as well as all the other home games).  Even met CJL.  He was a god in my eyes.  But to blame the University for this and even claim that they "broke ethical norms" is utterly ridiculous.  Leavitt allegedly physically assaulted a player, which is at least a fireable offense, if not a crime.  Even if you don't believe those allegations, he lied and interfered with the investigation (which, why do you do that if you are innocent?).  If nothing else - interfering with the investigation is a MAJOR ethical violation and certainly a fireable offense.  I'm willing to forgive him for some very poor decisions and even hire him back - but to say that the University was somehow in the wrong is ludicrous. 

I will say it. USF made a terrible mistake in firing Leavitt.

6 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

Leavitt is the only candidate you have listed that would bring excitement back to USF football.

I dunno, I think this guy gets the fans pretty pumped up...

Regardless, people would get excited about Oprah Winfrey if she won football games.

8 minutes ago, Bull Awakening said:

I will say it. USF made a terrible mistake in firing Leavitt.

I'm not saying that it wasn't a mistake.  I have mixed feelings on that.  I remember thinking Leavitt had plateaued at the time and that we needed to bring in someone to build on his foundation.  But hindsight is 20/20 and looking back on it, it would have been better to move forward with Leavitt than to turn it over to the golfer CSH.

What I AM saying is that it wasn't wrong...as in somehow ethically or morally questionable.  Leavitt caused the situation and they did what they felt they had to do.  OP was blasting the University like some sort of conspiracy theorist as if USF cooked it all up or something.  That's just silly. 

Edited by USFguy1977
grammatical
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Days Won:  51

2 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Sounds great but I don't think we have the money to match what some SEC school will offer him.

Flat rate, $500k per win.  

2 minutes ago, USFguy1977 said:

I'm not saying that it wasn't a mistake.  I have mixed feelings on that.  I remember thinking Leavitt had plateaued at the time and that we needed to bring in someone to build on his foundation.  But hindsight is 20/20 and looking back on it, it would have been better to move forward with Leavitt than to turn it over to the golfer CSH.

What I AM saying is that it wasn't wrong...as in somehow ethically or morally questionable.  Leavitt caused the situation and they did what they felt they had to do.  OP was blasting the University like some sort of conspiracy theorist like USF cooked it all up or something.  That's just silly. 

USF basically rushed to judgment. The majority of the players & coaches were shocked and disappointed in USF after the firing.  I could see if there was more outcry from the players to get rid of Leavitt’s but it was the exact opposite. To this day, many of Leavitt’s players still love him and I’m sure would welcome his return. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Do people want Jim Leavitt the *coach* back? 

Or his passion and energy?

• Upvote 1

Just now, hm101 said:

Do people want Jim Leavitt the *coach* back? 

Or his passion and energy?

All of the above. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,142
  • Days Won:  39

37 minutes ago, USFguy1977 said:

Urban Meyer, Jon Gruden, Art Briles - No.  Just...no.

I would normally agree with you 99.9% of the time but we could throw Urban some club access and win 10 games until he has a colossal gaffe.

• Haha 1