• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ok Game is over! Time to play game within the game..

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

10 minutes ago, mjadams said:

I thought marsh looked slow and stared down his wrs. He wasn't horrible but he isn't any kind of answer either. I suspect we see the young kid once we are in the 4 game window

I don’t care if we have a Heisman QB, we won’t win many games with a terrible defense 

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  540
  • Days Won:  0

I also wonder how we can analyze Marsh when it felt like he had milliseconds behind our oline. Conversely, there were moments the Houston QB could stand in the pocket for awhile. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

17 minutes ago, mjadams said:

I thought marsh looked slow and stared down his wrs. He wasn't horrible but he isn't any kind of answer either. I suspect we see the young kid once we are in the 4 game window

I'm hoping we do see a little bit of BB but the answer to winning right now is a qb that can consistently get us 40+ a game and that's not happening with a true freshman qb.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Game within game, Marsh played well overall.  Yes, I know he missed Weaver and Dollison, and can't run like Bohanon, but he just played fairly well overall.  If your defense gives up 42, you just aren't going to win that many games.  Statistically, he played really well.  No turnovers.  Took care of ball.  Completed 70 percent of passes.  Guided offense to 27 points (and probably should have had more if not for bad coaching decisions). 

Do you honestly think any of the other backup QB's give USF a better chance of winning games at this point.  While I'm not certain, I don't think it's likely.  Marsh is a 3rd year guy and deserves his shot, unless the other guys are clearly better.  And they probably aren't.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

I'm hoping we do see a little bit of BB but the answer to winning right now is a qb that can consistently get us 40+ a game and that's not happening with a true freshman qb.

That wont matter... we'll just give up 50

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,381
  • Days Won:  10

I saw very few penalties for USF and no turnovers.  Those are the two major killers and we had them under control.  Marsh looked better than I expected and I look forward to seeing him develop.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, olafberserker said:

That wont matter... we'll just give up 50

I Want To Believe - TV Show Poster / Print (Ufo / X-Files) (Black Poster  Hanger) - Walmart.com

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,554
  • Days Won:  3

18 hours ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I’m sold on Trickett. He’s been pretty good for us and he’s been the first coordinator that Marsh has improved under. Marsh played a better game than McClain ever did for us. Of course there were some hiccups but it’s his first start of the season. If he plays like that every game from here on out we have a chance. 

Trickett, HCiW?