• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why all this outrage!!!! I dont get it.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  90
  • Days Won:  0

I see no problem with being upset! Everyone being upset means that everyone here believed in our team and their ability to win the Big East.  It tells me that we had expectations and those expectations were not met! Us going to our first bowl game, well that will truly be special in my eyes.  But I am upset that we blew our opportunity to play WVU for the BE title and couldn't do so because of the idiots on and off the field for our football program! These are the same athletes and coaches who always blow it for us! We are playing with the big boys now and if we don't change some things with our QB and coaching staff then we all know what the result will be!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

leavitt has underachieved at usf

he has not recruited all that well and he is a terrible x and o coach

the men don't seem to do well in big games

usf is a great place and should be further along

we are in big east because miAMI LEFT BIG EAST

leavitt has done nothing in last 3 years to advance program

losing to an inferior team like unconn is embarassing

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

leavitt has underachieved at usf

he has not recruited all that well and he is a terrible x and o coach

the men don't seem to do well in big games

usf is a great place and should be further along

we are in big east because miAMI LEFT BIG EAST

leavitt has done nothing in last 3 years to advance program

losing to an inferior team like unconn is embarassing

I gotta take a shower...can someone correct this for him?

Thanks.

:)

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

I'm only mad because bad offensive personnel is what has kept us from being great already.  Leavitt has proved he deserves to be here, but he NEEDS to make some changes so that we have a passing game and a consistent offense.  Name ONE school in the top 25 consistently that has had 3 bad years in a ROW of poor to average offense?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6

Keeping in mind that USF was supposed to finish next to last in the Big East, I am happy with the season.  In my opinion, USF has over-achieved all year.  Looking at the schedule this year, with the exception of Louisville, I'd have to say the team performed as I would have expected.  There are over 100 teams right now writing the same things many people here are.  The facts are USF is not a top 25 team, CJL has pulled more out of very average players than many coaches have, and the team is just not ready for the expectations many people placed on them.  Sure, we could have won the Big East but we didn't.  Every team hopes they win the title when the season starts but only 1 does win.  It is a process, one that USF is still learning.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,581
  • Days Won:  29

...can someone correct this for him?

Thanks.

:)

Too many typo's

;D

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

brad-you need to worry about corrections in the football coaching staff.not my posts

instead of turning the other cheek, where is the outrage

did leavitt threaten not to give you access to the players if you say anything negative?

you can tell us,brad

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

smazza, this is Brad's board.  It's up to him if he wants to worry about your posts or not.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

brad-you need to worry about corrections in the football coaching staff.not my posts

instead of turning the other cheek, where is the outrage

did leavitt threaten not to give you access to the players if you say anything negative?

you can tell us,brad

smazz, being in AZ, I no longer engage with the players or coaches...I'm just a fan.  I am not a reporter, or running a for profit site for which I need Jim Leavitt or his players for interviews, etc.  I'm "independent,"  I'm just a fan and supporter of USF.

The issue is not my relationship with anyone at USF it is about the "outrage" you refer to.  I was as sick as anyone watching that debacle yesterday.  I simply choose to deal with it differently.  I will not call out the coach(es) or players on this board.  I think that is improper.  

Like many, I had my outburst...in the chat room I called the double reverse "stupid" while doing the PBP.  That was good enough for me.  To go on an endless tirade about how "Leavitt needs to be gone" is foolish and irreponsible - at least for me it is.

The loss yesterday to me was problably the worst one we have ever suffered considering how it happened and all that we had on the line despite the season starting with only modest expectations of a 4 win season.

It hurt.  I literally left the room.  Left the chat.  Left the board and got the Christmas stuff out of the garage and started helping the family decorate.

It's a bump in the road.  The stability Jim Leavitt has provided for the existence of this football program far outweighs the UConn loss.  The distance he has taken us and the good fortune we have experienced as a young program overshadows a rare unjustifiable risk or "bad call".

You rant and rave all the time - for about two years now that Leavitt should be gone.  It just gets old.  I guess until the day you step up with the $1.5 - 2.0 million to bring in a recycled coach that came upon success elsewhere, we'll be stuck, er fortunate, to have Jim Leavitt.