• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

On-site Satilite

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7
  • Days Won:  0

So..... Since the game was moved before the storm track was more defined... Can we tailgate and watch on the Jumbotron at RJS? Lol

• Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,442
  • Days Won:  19

Wasn't sure what this thread was about but the topic caption reminded me of when I was on the staff of The Oracle back in the late 1970s and satellite receivers were kind of a new thing.  USF erected one of those really big satellite receiving dishes near the parking lot at the Admin Building.  Someone wrote in a letter to the editor questioning the safety of that and said, "What if one of those satellites comes in and misses the receiving dish."  It was either one of the dumbest or most clever questions I ever heard.  Either way, a hoot. 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, SilverBull said:

Wasn't sure what this thread was about but the topic caption reminded me of when I was on the staff of The Oracle back in the late 1970s and satellite receivers were kind of a new thing.  USF erected one of those really big satellite receiving dishes near the parking lot at the Admin Building.  Someone wrote in a letter to the editor questioning the safety of that and said, "What if one of those satellites comes in and misses the receiving dish."  It was either one of the dumbest or most clever questions I ever heard.  Either way, a hoot. 

Of course there was only one satellite in existence when you were in school, sputnik 1

image.png.ed034e0ed286f98c5d220e92ef490266.png

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,442
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Of course there was only one satellite in existence when you were in school, sputnik 1

More like the moon.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

I remember, I think, going to the Sun Dome to watch an away game. They sat a giant screen in the middle of the court.