• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

12 things you need to know about the USF Bulls (gator perspective)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,647
  • Days Won:  25

17 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

They were 6-7 last year and sucked the past decade. They need 2 stop.

Many of the alumni never saw UK beat UF when they attended UF. So to them it is unacceptable to have a losing streak going against UK. When I went to USF it was unacceptable and a joke to even thinking about losing to UCF. Now since we fired CJL the reality is a nightmare that has no end until someone changes it. This is where many of these "angry" and "unreasonable" USF fans come into play about not rewarding LOSING.

Edited by Outlaw

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I know it's off topic, but I don't understand how UF fans are so butt hurt over losing to Kentucky this year. Kentucky was 10-3 last year and still has the same future NFL 1st or 2nd round draft pick.  Just the arrogance to be butt hurt b/c Kentucky finally beat them at home. UF was 6-7 last year.......how do they think they are magically better than Kentucky now?.....which is why I stopped rooting for the Gators.

Gator fans have been delusional since since my earliest memories of college football, back before they did anything. Dan Jenkins, famed sportswriter, hammered them 40 years ago:

Back before the University of Florida football program brought in head coach Steve Spurrier and proceeded to win consistently, Jenkins wrote that Gator Nation possessed, “The arrogance of Notre Dame and the tradition of Wake Forest.”

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Gator fans have been delusional since since my earliest memories of college football, back before they did anything. Dan Jenkins, famed sportswriter, hammered them 40 years ago:

Back before the University of Florida football program brought in head coach Steve Spurrier and proceeded to win consistently, Jenkins wrote that Gator Nation possessed, “The arrogance of Notre Dame and the tradition of Wake Forest.”

Well  you used that quote for UCF now swapping Wake Forest. The thing is the gators have more national championships than 90% of college football especially if you start counting in the post World War 2.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

30 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Well  you used that quote for UCF now swapping Wake Forest.

Well  not sure how I would have used that quote in regards to them now, but if you say so. I've been more inclined to use it in regards to some our fanbase in the past ......

The thing is the gators have more national championships than 90% of college football especially if you start counting in the post World War 2.

The thing is that has nothing to do with how their fans were 40 years ago ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Many of the alumni never saw UK beat UF when they attended UF. So to them it is unacceptable to have a losing streak going against UK. When I went to USF it was unacceptable and a joke to even thinking about losing to UCF. Now since we fired CJL the reality is a nightmare that has no end until someone changes it. This is where many of these "angry" and "unreasonable" USF fans come into play about not rewarding LOSING.

This is hands down the greatest Kentucky team ever. Even better than the Hal Mumme (I cant spell his name) years with Jared Lorenzen. I went to UF so I get it, but this is a 10-3 Kentucky team that has a  possible 1st rd draft pick at QB and wwnt 10-3  last year. Losing to UCF sucks, but in the end they had some years that they were simply better than us. Napier had a lot of success at His previous stop and even poached their best players to come with him. Give the man a break.....now if they lose to us then they are in for a long season.

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

This is hands down the greatest Kentucky team ever. Even better than the Hal Mumme (I cant spell his name) years with Jared Lorenzen. I went to UF so I get it, but this is a 10-3 Kentucky team that has a  possible 1st rd draft pick at QB and wwnt 10-3  last year. Losing to UCF sucks, but in the end they had some years that they were simply better than us. Napier had a lot of success at His previous stop and even poached their best players to come with him. Give the man a break.....now if they lose to us then they are in for a long season.

Im not calling for Napier to get fired lol. He is 1-1 against two top 25 teams. I understand why some of their alumni  are calling for it but that is foolish. If he performs better than mullen his predecessor than I will say he is on the right track. If he looks lost in year 3 then fore him  and not extend him. He won't make it with two terrible years or sub .500 in gvegas. 

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  28

18 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

Im not calling for Napier to get fired lol. He is 1-1 against two top 25 teams. I understand why some of their alumni  are calling for it but that is foolish. If he performs better than mullen his predecessor than I will say he is on the right track. If he looks lost in year 3 then fore him  and not extend him. He won't make it with two terrible years or sub .500 in gvegas. 

I wouls have loved if we got Napier, but knew he was headed to a power 5. I dont understand who they think would have been a better option. Besides Saban, I cant think of any current college coach who was a better option than Napier. Like who did they want as a coach?

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I wouls have loved if we got Napier, but knew he was headed to a power 5. I dont understand who they think would have been a better option. Besides Saban, I cant think of any current college coach who was a better option than Napier. Like who did they want as a coach?

Myers is the best coach available  but I don't think  he would  ever come back or they would take him back.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

**** when I see the 4-19 statistic for CJS record, it makes me physically cringe 

any team writing a preview for USF has a homerun statistic to slam us on 🤣