• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Say goodbye to local and national media hype, say

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Dead on. We have been very lucky this year. And you're never going to be lucky all the time. I think 99.9% of the folks on this board (me included) penciled in Uconn as a win and were prepared to lose to WVU.

This game scared me to death mainly because of the weather factor and UConn getting huge emotional ammo from the WVU attention .......

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I'd rather be LUCKY than good any day... but today we couldn't hit squat...   We couldn't hit the friggin water if we fell out of a friggin boat... GOD WE STUNK TODAY!!!  Granted, I'll be there wearing my GREEN and GOLD next week, but this loss SUCKS MONKEY NUGGETS!!! I thought we were better than this. >:( >:( >:(

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  21

goodbye to 14 millions dollars say goodbye to building much needed support in tampa, say goodbye to a loud, large and rowdy crowd for the wvu game.   This game hurt us big time.   Expect about 25000-30000 fans for the wvu game, 10000 of them mountaineers.

Actually, you wouldn't have gotten the whole $14 million. The BE splits all bowl revenue. The conference champ gets the biggest cut, but it's no where near $14 million. Someone on the WVU board said we'll get $2.8 mil.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We didn't lose 14 million dollars.  The conference splits it.  We lost about 1 to 2 million.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  132

1 to 2 million dollars? well that's offensive coordinator AND QB coach money right there!!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

And that's assuming we were to beat WVU.  In reality, unless UConn beats Louisville, we haven't lost anything as far as money goes.  Beating WVU was always going to be a long shot.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  184

And that's assuming we were to beat WVU.  In reality, unless UConn beats Louisville, we haven't lost anything as far as money goes.  Beating WVU was always going to be a long shot.

Very true...

However, we lost respect and free advertising in all of the national coverage the "Big East Championship" would have brought us.  This was a HUGE loss today, no doubt.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

goodbye to 14 millions dollars say goodbye to building much needed support in tampa, say goodbye to a loud, large and rowdy crowd for the wvu game.

Do you realize is we were not even a 50-50 shot at this $14M ?

Coulda woulda shoulda, blah blah blah  ::)

We'll have the same amount of rowdy fans as we did at L'ville.

This game hurt us big time...

The "potential" hurt us . . . we are still on target - no lost ground.

And in regards to national media - didn't lose anything. Outside of this board mainly, people didn't think we would have been at the Sugar Bowl - we gained press as a program on their way.

Easy there Chicky Little  8)