• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting Tweet

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,070
  • Days Won:  469

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

And only in hindsight is it a coaching blunder. With installing the new D, can't blame them much for not preparing for something they didn't really have knowledge of .... there's only so much time.

They can be blamed.  If, as said, they were unprepared - they can be blamed.  This isn't something you prepare for on a game by game basis.  Caught with pants down.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

They can be blamed.  If, as said, they were unprepared - they can be blamed.  This isn't something you prepare for on a game by game basis.  Caught with pants down.  

I mean, set up five play calls for emergencies and use them by holding up a finger.  Then make your normal calls when BYU isn't in a hurry.  I mean, its better than players still looking at the sideline when the ball is snapped.  At least call *something*.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

41 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I ask this in not a pot-stirring way, but actual curiosity: 

If getting the plays in on defense is the question (CJS just said in his press conference that they were not expecting BYU to run up tempo), is that objectively on the coaching staff and not the players?  I could see getting a call in and they are out of position, but what about not having everyone ready to accommodate the flow of information quickly?  This seems like the kind of scenario you have to drill (like a meta-level information flow strategy).  This was also a problem last year at least on offense in key situations.

Look, if someone you had no idea this would happen, tell the defense what the play calls are going to be if they go no huddle. At least after the first or second series you should be in better shape.

You can change the calls each drive.  Most of their drives weren't long anyway.  Tuck away a few plays and let someone on the field make the call.  This isn't rocket science.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 minute ago, USFBULL2014 said:

Flowers on Instagram 🧐🧐🧐

4FEC48C1-B6AC-4DA9-A22A-288B8942282B.jpeg

I can play this game.  Name a player with all-time conference records and most of the biggest wins in program history.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

7 minutes ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I mean, set up five play calls for emergencies and use them by holding up a finger.  Then make your normal calls when BYU isn't in a hurry.  I mean, its better than players still looking at the sideline when the ball is snapped.  At least call *something*.

Okay ..... convinced. The key to most things in life is not ******* up but how you handle it when you do ...... and hopefully its handled to some degree.

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Okay ..... convinced. The key to most things in life is not ******* up but how you handle it when you do ...... and hopefully its handled to some degree.

This is very true.  I admire the adjustments more because that's what life is all about.

8 minutes ago, USFBULL2014 said:

Flowers on Instagram 🧐🧐🧐

4FEC48C1-B6AC-4DA9-A22A-288B8942282B.jpeg

Excuse me, sir. This thread is titled "Interesting Tweet" and that doesn't qualify ...... and I'm not sure why the hell it would be here even if it was a Tweet.

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Excuse me, sir. This thread is titled "Interesting Tweet" and that doesn't qualify ...... and I'm not sure why the hell it would be here even if it was a Tweet.

I can't honestly tell the difference between a Tweet and an Instagram thingy.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I can't honestly tell the difference between a Tweet and an Instagram thingy.

If he hadn't said "Flowers on Instagram" would have slipped right by me...