• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

September 15, 2029

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,478
  • Days Won:  13

1 hour ago, bulloni said:

I wonder if there is a breakeven point for ticket sales where it would be profitable to have a game at Ray Jay and pay rent compared to a 35-40k max capacity OCS that we own. I know Kelly mentioned before having the Miami 2027 game open the stadium and USF-Miami in Ray Jay probably sells 60k+ if we're both at least decent.

Depends on your definition of profitable.

Ticket sales go to the operation budget... so technically if OCS is limited to 40,000 then "profitable" would be at 40,001+ ...

The real question would be -- and we may not know this answer for years -- how much does it cost to "operate" the stadium for a game... all of the salaries & expenses needed for game-day staff and volunteers ...

Given USF pays about $30-40,000 per game ($180k+ per season) for the lower bowl (44k) at Ray Jay.. it would nearly always be cheaper to play a game at RayJay than in the OCS.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821
  • Days Won:  2

Thought the lease at RayJay was $1M/year with some parking and concessions allowance.

• Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,650
  • Days Won:  6

10 minutes ago, RandyGator said:

Thought the lease at RayJay was $1M/year with some parking and concessions allowance.

Me too.  I thought we paid between $125k and $175k per game depending what sections were open and what the anticipated clean up would be.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

More importantly, I'll be turning 40 two weeks later...so can we delete this thread?

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

I would imagine a 1 off game would be more than a multi year contract 

• Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,478
  • Days Won:  13

49 minutes ago, RandyGator said:

37 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Me too.  I thought we paid between $125k and $175k per game depending what sections were open and what the anticipated clean up would be.

GO BULLS!

You are both correct... I misremembered ... and now I can't edit my post.  From a 2017 story.

" For games in which USF uses the lower bowl and two club lounges with less than 24,000 in attendance, the school will pay $172,000. Games eclipsing 24,000 participants will cause the game fee to escalate to $185,000, according to the TSA. "

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,545
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Reminds me of the UGA / UF game.  I am guessing it would be given out based on points or something like that in this hypothetical scenario.

Well then there is no point to play a 2 for 1 if we don't get the bigger teams in our stadium and don't get guaranteed seats at the Ray j.