• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance - BYU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

13 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Next time you're down here for game, day game especially, check out the amount of people in the Club area .... at the game but not a butt in a seat for tv.

A smaller stadium will definitely alleviate that, for good or bad. The good, I'm assuming less people will have access to a Club like area so there will be no place for them to go so will have to stay in their seats. The bad, they won't buy tix because of that .....

The whole club thing got me thinking.  I prefer watching the game in my seats and soaking up the atmosphere rather than watching the TVs inside in the air conditioned club, however, when the product on the field is ass, as its been for a few years, please lose interest and head up to the club to socialize take in some AC and catch a glimpse or two of the game on one of the TVs and the west side looks empty.  Last year, I ended up watching the last play of the Tulsa game from the club rather than from my seats which is unlike me.  When the product on the field is exciting and we’re winning, people we get back in their seats.   I’m hoping this year to never go in to the club except for halftime and before the game.  

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

34 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Oh please, conference expansion decisions aren't made on "mental impressions" ..... and if they are every correspondence we send out to prospective conferences should have pics of RayJay when we were at that level. Actual attendance is just ******** to be tossed about on message boards.

I’ll believe that the day we get out of the AAC. Until then…

30 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Next time you're down here for game, day game especially, check out the amount of people in the Club area .... at the game but not a butt in a seat for tv.

A smaller stadium will definitely alleviate that, for good or bad. The good, I'm assuming less people will have access to a Club like area so there will be no place for them to go so will have to stay in their seats. The bad, they won't buy tix because of that .....

New place should have shade somehow but no club IMO. 

• Me no likey 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

20 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

The whole club thing got me thinking.  I prefer watching the game in my seats and soaking up the atmosphere rather than watching the TVs inside in the air conditioned club, however, when the product on the field is ass, as its been for a few years, please lose interest and head up to the club to socialize take in some AC and catch a glimpse or two of the game on one of the TVs and the west side looks empty.  Last year, I ended up watching the last play of the Tulsa game from the club rather than from my seats which is unlike me.  When the product on the field is exciting and we’re winning, people we get back in their seats.   I’m hoping this year to never go in to the club except for halftime and before the game.  

The product on the field will definitely have some effect but the Club has been a social gathering spot during games for as long as we've been there.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The product on the field will definitely have some effect but the Club has been a social gathering spot during games for as long as we've been there.

West side was packed for WV in 07.  

21 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I’ll believe that the day we get out of the AAC. Until then…

Of all the things that have been holding us back during expansion, actual attendance is at, or near, the bottom of the list ...

4 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

West side was packed for WV in 07.  

Yeah, I should have said for most games ....

21 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

New place should have shade somehow but no club IMO. 

Then you should be content to stay in CUSA 2.0 ...

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

34 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Exactly  if they want people in the seats then put a product on the field that gives the fans a reason to be there instead of watching in the club socializing with ac or staying home while enjoying all the perks of the grill and drinks .

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Then you should be content to stay in CUSA 2.0 ...

9 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Of all the things that have been holding us back during expansion, actual attendance is at, or near, the bottom of the list ...

I disagree. I get it the most important thing is for people to buy tickets and that impacts our bottom line the most. However, I do think that not bother showing up is also a sign towards interest in the team. It is non-quantitative but I do suggest it is there and it is important. We especially see it in games where the opponent does not excite people, non Saturday games, etc. I realize that some of this will never be eliminated due to the fact that Tampa is a pro sports town.

Edited by NewEnglandBull