• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BB beats Jax

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Not a huge BB expert, but Mattis and Buckley sure looked good tonight.  Capko coming around - 12 assists, but still makes me nervous bringing the ball up court.  This team may end a bit above expectations unless the they just get worn out with no bench.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Way to go Bulls!!!!! 2-0 heading for FIU tuesday.

We got a group going to it!!!!

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

It was a good game tonight, i know us in the band were loving the nice amount of people who showed up.

I was there and if that's now what we consider a good crowd we're in trouble.  

Buckley and Mattis were good, Holmes was OK....against JU.  These guys are going to get eaten alive Vs. BE competition though.  

If PJ gets a bum rap for being "horrible" then Chris Capko should be taking twice as much heat.  I know he wasn't supposed to play 39 minutes a game for us but it's a sad state of affairs when this guy is running the point.

While sitting there last night all I could think about was the excitement I used to feel going into the dome. Whether the players were thugs, or prima donnas,  or whatever people wanted to classify them as, they all had character.  Last night just felt dead.   :-/  I was truly saddened.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Hey we are undefeated !  LOL

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433

Capko wasn't bad at all.  

Turnovers....refs were whistle happy with the travelling calls.   Also, the refs allowed the Jax team to hack away and not call fouls with 1:38 left and a 17 point lead.

Jax had a great JUCO recruiting class, and this team wasn't bad.

Please don't buy into the picture that beastie is painting here.  

Holmes is rock solid.  Mattis is a unique x-factor that will surely bring some spectacular plays, each and every night.  Buckley will just keep getting better.  All the guys are in shape, so fatigue is not a factor.  

Jax played very similar to UAB all night and pressured full court.  The guys held up and beat them soundly.  Jax will beat some people in the Atlantic Sun this year.

Cann and Dennis will be coming back soon.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

How can anyone dis capko?  he is our 2nd backup walk-on pg...

we'd be in real trouble if he wasn't in there right now at least providing serviceable substitution.    

He might not be a big east caliber PG... but we need every thing he can give us without howard and dennis out there.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Please don't buy into the picture that beastie is painting here.  

LOL... absolutely  ;D

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433

Also to add...Capko is playing a role similar to that of Doug Gottleib from Okla State a few years back.  Handle the team, get his teammates the ball in the spot.  In this case it means Holmes, Buckley, Mattis and Jones will be doing the scoring.  Capko can shoot, but he often times passes his shot up for the others.  It's great for chemistry.