• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Somethings Coming Monday

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Brad said:

I only know one person that you are referring to that has already said they'd look to next season if it doesn't happen this season.  That's not so bad.  But still, instead of addressing us all about this one person, maybe you should quote him and have that discussion with him with a quote in the thread where it happens.  Sort of use containment on yourself where appropriate?

I thought I was going over his head to upper management. It’s @Triple B that comes mostly to mind but it’s actually not only him, the opinion is however absurd. @JTrue said it best the other day, CJS time has come to where if he has 100% improvement this season that’s grounds for termination and not celebration. @Friscobull believes we have a qb to make a difference and I hope he is right and not anyone that has already dismissed another year.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I thought I was going over his head to upper management. It’s @Triple B that comes mostly to mind but it’s actually not only him, the opinion is however absurd. @JTrue said it best the other day, CJS time has come to where if he has 100% improvement this season that’s grounds for termination and not celebration. @Friscobull believes we have a qb to make a difference and I hope he is right and not anyone that has already dismissed another year.

@smazzais another one that is completely bought in on CJS and has already forgiven this year.  He provides some powerful talking points to support his position and is a respected member that possesses a wealth of knowledge on the subject matter.  His opinions have a tendency to sway the masses.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I only know one person that you are referring to that has already said they'd look to next season if it doesn't happen this season.  That's not so bad.  But still, instead of addressing us all about this one person, maybe you should quote him and have that discussion with him with a quote in the thread where it happens.  Sort of use containment on yourself where appropriate?

Pretty sure there's more than one person on here who's not going to **** their wrists if we don't win 6 games this year ....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

5 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

@smazzais another one that is completely bought in on CJS and has already forgiven this year.  He provides some powerful talking points to support his position and is a respected member that possesses a wealth of knowledge on the subject matter.  His opinions have a tendency to sway the masses.

Great info.

Spock Encerio GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Pretty sure there's more than one person on here who's not going to **** their wrists if we don't win 6 games this year ....

The idea that we must suffer from eternal damnation because these people will one day in the not definable future be the ones that can rescue us as they are the chosen ones is a somewhat popular take. This is unlike CSH and CCS who deserve rebuke for doing markedly better and is espoused far more often than it is reacted to despite it being a much hotter take than doing bad is bad and three years of bad is really bad and you can’t say next year forever.

5806D6AF-CCC7-4D30-A3D7-DF3DED8D4217.jpeg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

Smazza has, I think, been pointing to 2023 since after the 2020 season. Bottom line, IMO, what it boils down to is that some don't think CJS's first 3 years, the usual HC measuring stick, can be held to the same standard as CSH's and Chuck's for reasons some refuse to acknowledge ..... the different outlooks are pretty defined.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Smazza has, I think, been pointing to 2023 since after the 2020 season. Bottom line, IMO, what it boils down to is that some don't think CJS's first 3 years, the usual HC measuring stick, can be held to the same standard as CSH's and Chuck's for reasons some refuse to acknowledge ..... the different outlooks are pretty defined.

I think that what you fail to acknowledge is that his first two years were so bad that if his third year is also horrible that he will have performed so much worse than everyone else that did the job before him that it leaves plenty of room to factor for anything he faced that while CCS and CSH did not it impacted him no more uniquely than every other person he was competing with to get to his record. Seven wins in three years is not defensible. If we were talking about championships that could be unfair and when I was talking about year one that was perhaps unfair we are talking about getting to six wins in year three to average three wins a year over a three year period, aiming for something close to .300 over a three year stretch does not seem to be a particularly unfair bar and only appears that way since the previous two attempts only led to three total wins. CHS and CCS were both closer to .500 and no one is in the stratosphere of the .250 record you seem to think would be fine because, reasons.... 

Also this magic fourth year, where he finally gets over the .500 hump for a single season, what if he goes .500? Is that a reason for termination? Because I think a stronger argument can be made that if he wins four games this season that the improvement to .500 has more to do with dropping down in conferences than it does to do with any actual improvement. If you say he needs to get to nine or be fired I am amicable to that argument but I am pretty sure that anyone that six wins in year three is a fair floor is going to think nine wins in year four is a fair floor. 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

We are actually all pretty close here on expectations.  I think 6 is good progress. You will be satisfied with 5.  If he wins 4 or less than odds are he sucks and is in over his head, is this a fair statement.

1 minute ago, Friscobull said:

We are actually all pretty close here on expectations.  I think 6 is good progress. You will be satisfied with 5.  If he wins 4 or less than odds are he sucks and is in over his head, is this a fair statement.

I can meet in the middle there if everyone else can too, but four wins in your third year whether that’s from being the most unlucky person on earth or in fact being absolute garbage should mean that we aren’t going to sit around and find out and you should go figure it out somewhere else.