• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Coach Scott Thread (All CJS, All the Time)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Brad said:

Selling it on ebay via an NFT - $400 million.

Is that in Iranian Rial?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

1 hour ago, Bull Nut said:

Not a huge fan of censorship as I believe in free speech, but I may have to make an exception. 

My life is less stressful since I blocked Outlaw. Still skip over Puc's longer posts but kind of like the guy is some strange way.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

After recent developments, personally, I'd pick a different source for inspiration ....

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

20 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

My life is less stressful since I blocked Outlaw. Still skip over Puc's longer posts but kind of like the guy is some strange way.

Yes lol. Puc is like our Antichrist in some way. He bring that negativity to bring some balance to all the positivity.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

1 hour ago, olafberserker said:

It's USF's job to give the fans a reason to care .....

Absolutely agree ........ to a point. Fans also have to care enough ($) to enable USF to do its job and there are definite times when there's a fine line between the ol' chicken and the egg example here.

2 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Yes lol. Puc is like our Antichrist in some way. He bring that negativity to bring some balance to all the positivity.

The balance will shift entirely when there is reason to celebrate that doesn’t require mental gymnastics to ascertain. If the environment here is completely impossible to win in I don’t see how people can rationalize the impact of CCS’ bad things on deserving to be fired and CJS’ good things that deserve praise, devotion and extensions. I find the CJS arguments to be entirely dishonest and very unequally applied. There was in fact an expectation that CJS would improve on CCS’ failure immediately but that keeps getting pushed back, there is no conceivable reason anyone can legitimately preach patience with their expectation of a four win year three and it requires completely ignoring all perspectives and data and focusing entirely on faith in people that have never demonstrated any reason to deserve it and plenty of reasons they do not deserve it. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Just now, puc86 said:

There was in fact an expectation that CJS would improve on CCS’ failure immediately

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The balance will shift entirely when there is reason to celebrate that doesn’t require mental gymnastics to ascertain. If the environment here is completely impossible to win in I don’t see how people can rationalize the impact of CCS’ bad things on deserving to be fired and CJS’ good things that deserve praise, devotion and extensions. I find the CJS arguments to be entirely dishonest and very unequally applied. There was in fact an expectation that CJS would improve on CCS’ failure immediately but that keeps getting pushed back, there is no conceivable reason anyone can legitimately preach patience with their expectation of a four win year three and it requires completely ignoring all perspectives and data and focusing entirely on faith in people that have never demonstrated any reason to deserve it and plenty of reasons they do not deserve it. 

What about a 5 win year three?  See I read the whole post that time.

Just now, Brad said:

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

Not one person predicted in year 1 that CJS would lose more than 4 games, the expectation was better than 4 because people thought CCS was a complete failure that CJS would improve on. Then game one happened and only I watched that game and said I thought we looked worse and would very unlikely win another game (which was called ridiculous and incited anger as it was impossible). Then the other games happened and it was Covid’s fault, but the next season came and with it little improvement so that was because we had to change the culture. So now people have seen culture changes, CJS has said the portal has enabled him to improve quicker than any other time in CFB history and yet having an expectation is still not quite reasonable. So is the only reasonable time to expect CJS to do better than CCS after he gets to face lesser talent? Because that seems rather convenient and probably has more to do with standing still than actually advancing. 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Not one person predicted in year 1 that CJS would lose more than 4 games, the expectation was better than 4 because people thought CCS was a complete failure that CJS would improve on. Then game one happened and only I watched that game and said I thought we looked worse and would very unlikely win another game (which was called ridiculous and incited anger as it was impossible). Then the other games happened and it was Covid’s fault, but the next season came and with it little improvement so that was because we had to change the culture. So now people have seen culture changes, CJS has said the portal has enabled him to improve quicker than any other time in CFB history and yet having an expectation is still not quite reasonable. So is the only reasonable time to expect CJS to do better than CCS after he gets to face lesser talent? Because that seems rather convenient and probably has more to do with standing still than actually advancing. 

.500 in conference and they'll convince me to buy tix the next season.

• Upvote 1