• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Positive outlook

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

6 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Winning brings in everyone especially the fans driven away when CJL was fired and we started the nose dive to where we are now.

Any fans driven away just because CJL was fired aren't coming back unless they hire him back or we get back to a P5 with  similar success he had ...... and as much as some want to make it so, there is no nose dive that's lasted to where we are now.

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This I agree with. At that point this board becomes nothing more than an Olympic sport board and that would be extremely sad. 

Not really, if Brad is able to keep it going with a significant drop off in traffic. As hard as it is for some to believe, there are some fans, not saying a ton of them, who'll be USF football fans no matter who they're playing or at what level. In fact, that would be one of the silver linings if it ever comes to that ........ the purging of this board down to the real hardcore fans.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

6 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Not really, if Brad is able to keep it going with a significant drop off in traffic. As hard as it is for some to believe, there are some fans, not saying a ton of them, who'll be USF football fans no matter who they're playing or at what level. In fact, that would be one of the silver linings if it ever comes to that ........ the purging of this board down to the real hardcore fans.

I think that happens temporarily every summer.  My guess is that the people who are still commenting on this board in June are the ones who have some kind of passionate association with USF football and/or men's hoops. Most of us are hardcore fans as it is...we just don't agree on what has happened in the past, what is happening now, and what needs to be done to fix it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

0CD9CB65-D747-41C9-B783-4BC40F7D1FA6.jpeg

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

0CD9CB65-D747-41C9-B783-4BC40F7D1FA6.jpeg

Totally agree ...... and then the board will be focused totally on quality not quantity. :04-rock:

9 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I think that happens temporarily every summer.  My guess is that the people who are still commenting on this board in June are the ones who have some kind of passionate association with USF football and/or men's hoops. Most of us are hardcore fans as it is...we just don't agree on what has happened in the past, what is happening now, and what needs to be done to fix it.

I think I could provide a pretty credible list of those here now that would be hard stretched to meet the criteria of "hardcore fan" the way I described it and would be nowhere to be found if we fall any lower, conference wise, than where we are now.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

28 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Do not disagree. My point is that this is USF  And USF football would have a harder time trying to play at RayJay with, at best IMO, 20,000 total fans watching the equivalent of 1aa football. UofTampa couldn’t do it back in 1970 with an exceptionally good team. 

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

12 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I think I could provide a pretty credible list of those here now that would be hard stretched to meet the criteria of "hardcore fan" the way I described it and would be nowhere to be found if we fall any lower, conference wise, than where we are now.

I may resemble that remark.  I'll always love USF, and would probably still attend games (definitely with an on campus stadium) even if we (God forbid) fell any lower conference-wise.  But I would be hard pressed to renew my season tickets if there are empty walk-up seats available every game like there are now.  I don't know if that would still meet the criteria of "hardcore fan."

Edited by MaltLiquorBull

2 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

Do not disagree. My point is that this is USF  And USF football would have a harder time trying to play at RayJay with, at best IMO, 20,000 total fans watching the equivalent of 1aa football. UofTampa couldn’t do it back in 1970 with an exceptionally good team. 

Definitely agree. That's why I'm hoping this ocs gets done no matter what ....

19 minutes ago, MaltLiquorBull said:

I may resemble that remark.  I'll always love USF, and would probably still attend games (definitely with an on campus stadium) even if we (God forbid) fell any lower conference-wise.  But I would be hard pressed to renew my season tickets if there are empty walk-up seats available every game like there are now.  I don't know if that would still meet the criteria of "hardcore fan."

If you're paying anything to watch USF play the likes of Elon, Stony Brook and Stephen F Austin on a regular basis that, my friend, is hardcore .....

• Haha 1