• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OMG UCF should fire this guy immediately

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

13 minutes ago, Brad said:

A good one probably is...

Alright. Enlighten us. What makes a good one brcause i sure as hell don't see any other one out there for us. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

"This one" adhered us to that disgusting group that, at the time, was beneath us in CFB world.  It made no sense.  It also capped us, at best, as a second tier program in the state.  The goal was to join the big boys, not settle for a school no one cares about.

Now that they're a P5+, they should learn from our lesson.  No need to make room in the lifeboat for an alleged rival, no matter how much the Twitter "hate" vitriol entertains some.

Have to disagree.  Everything we are is because of our own doing. Nothing to do with any rivalry or school we play. If we invested and continued to grow, this thread wouldn't exist and everyone would be happy with the rivalry. 

• Upvote 2

Maybe UF feels the same about FSU?

20 minutes ago, Sk00b said:

Have to disagree.  Everything we are is because of our own doing. Nothing to do with any rivalry or school we play. If we invested and continued to grow, this thread wouldn't exist and everyone would be happy with the rivalry. 

Not everybody.  UCF as a rival makes little sense to me.  Easy, because it's 90 miles or so away.

The games we played against UCF when we had a program were ******.  I think we beat them 4-0.  Should have been it.  The games with Lousiville and WVU were far better. As someone who watched this program's meteoric rise from nothing, it made no sense to settle for anything liek UCF.  I don't care if they are a short drive away.  

They wanted what we had, we wanted what Florida/FSU, etc. had.  Our failures have led us to settling for something different.

If your fandom began anytime in the last 10-12 years, you wouldn't have the same feeling. 

Granted, we're dogshit now, but I still have higher hopes than being in Florida's second tier, just above FIU.

Oh and everything is our own doing - that 's the point.  Decisions, weakness, inaction, etc. have consequences.

17 minutes ago, Brad said:

The games with Lousiville and WVU were far better

Oh of course, (and add Auburn and a few more) but I still don't see an issue with a local in state rival. Guess any of the big 3 would have worked but the already had their yearly matchups scheduled. 

It's one game a year that most fans outside this forum seem to enjoy.

Edited by Sk00b
Rutgers. Auburn was fun but obviously weren't conference rivals
  • Upvote 1

I don't know if most do, I would imagine the new gen of fans do, younger ones especially.  Again, if you never saw the potential from the first 10 years your expectations would be to settle in with other directional schools in the B league of Florida football and that is where we will remain.  I imagine there are many here on this board that like a "rivalry" with UCF too.  Makes no impression on me.  Everyone can have an opinion or desire. Being a rival with UCF puts us in their class.  That, I have no interest in.

2 hours ago, Brad said:

I don't know if most do, I would imagine the new gen of fans do, younger ones especially.  Again, if you never saw the potential from the first 10 years your expectations would be to settle in with other directional schools in the B league of Florida football and that is where we will remain.  I imagine there are many here on this board that like a "rivalry" with UCF too.  Makes no impression on me.  Everyone can have an opinion or desire. Being a rival with UCF puts us in their class.  That, I have no interest in.

I mean, i saw the potential in 06-09 as a student which drew me in as a life long fan (**** you glory years).

I'll leave it as we will agree to disagree on this one.  Let's agree on beating their ass this year and if it does come back around let's do the same then. 

No problemo.  I’m all into agreeing to disagree.    

Fortunately, for the rivalry lovers, we’re actually in a position where we need them more than ever before.  So hopefully, for the rivalry lovers, they’ll extend us a game or two on an “equal” basis as we did for them.  I couldn’t care less… but the rivalry faction will soon find out if it really is a rivalry.  

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Again. $. The rivalry game will put more butts in seats than other non conference scheduling options. 

I don’t know. Seems pretty clear to me. A good rivalry is good for CFB all together... 

They don’t need us, they will be selling enough tix from the games against Oklahoma State, Baylor, Texas Tech, etc. Why would they risk losing to us? They don’t need to beat us for a conference championship, they don’t need to beat us to get better recruits, they have no reason to beat us, so it is a no win situation for them. What makes rivalries like Michigan Vs Ohio State, Texas vs Oklahoma, Auburn vs LSU great, is that they usually have to beat each other to win the conference, their in close proximity going after the same recruits to keep the competitive edge. There is none of that with South Florida and UCF anymore. There is nothing on the line in that game anymore, so no, I would have to disagree. Until our situation changes, it’s just a P5 school vs a G5 school, that’s why outside of Colorado, nobody cares about the Colorado vs Colorado State “rivalry” game. 

• Upvote 1