• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Baseball: Recapping the UNF Loss & Tulane Series Preview

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  34
  • Days Won:  0

The Bulls now own a 4 game losing streak and the next task is not any easier. A 3 game series in New Orleans against a good Tulane team. Their record is 20-9-1 and they were 2nd place finishers in the AAC regular season standings last year.

We recapped the most recent loss, a game vs. UNF and previewed the match up with Tulane here:

image_648732719.jpg?w=640

The Brewin crew's recap of the UNF loss and thoughts on a road series at Tulane.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

🤮

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,410
  • Days Won:  3

Always good reading. Stats wise (offensively) it looks good but gotta figure out the pitching.  I'm not sure what the answer is there outside of time and development. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

TL/DR - Pitching sucks.

Against bad teams, we can, generally, out bash them. Against decent teams, toss up. Against good teams, our pitching still sucks.

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

TL/DR - Pitching sucks.

Against bad teams, we can, generally, out bash them. Against decent teams, toss up. Against good teams, our pitching still sucks.

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine... read the **** brewin report and gfto with your tl/dr nonsense. 

8 hours ago, Sk00b said:

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine... read the **** brewin report and gfto with your tl/dr nonsense. 

I watched last weekend and the other night, not to mention, most of the other games. There's nothing complicated to break down, here. 

And the ******* blog says the same thing I did and has every week since the season started.

We don't have anything close to a reliable weekend rotation. That's called "bad pitching." We put up 10+ a game against bad teams and our offense is prone to struggling against good teams, like last last weekend. That looks a lot like a good offense, but not a great one.

In summary. USF baseball is good, but not great. Our offense will carry us to the middle of the pack and our pitching will keep us from anything more than 3rd or 4th in conference. So we're not getting a bid unless we pull off a run like the end of last year.

Edited by JTrue

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

I watched last weekend and the other night, not to mention, most of the other games. There's nothing complicated to break down, here. 

And the ******* blog says the same thing I did and has every week since the season started.

We don't have anything close to a reliable weekend rotation. That's called "bad pitching." We put up 10+ a game against bad teams and our offense is prone to struggling against good teams, like last last weekend. That looks a lot like a good offense, but not a great one.

In summary. USF baseball is good, but not great. Our offense will carry us to the middle of the pack and our pitching will keep us from anything more than 3rd or 4th in conference. So we're not getting a bid unless we pull off a run like the end of last year.

Much better than the TL/DR comment. 

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Pitching is bad as a whole.  I've followed our staff for the last 15 years and this one has the least amount of depth, or close to it.  Without Jasiak we'll be lucky to finish better than 6th in conference.  Our bullpen guys really haven't figured things out yet for the most part.  Getting swept by the Tinmen should have been a wake up call to our guys.  Mix in bad defense and wild pitches and its tough to beat good teams.  Hope I'm wrong and hope Jasiak comes back strong but I don't see us being above .500 in the AAC

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JoeB said:

Pitching is bad as a whole.  I've followed our staff for the last 15 years and this one has the least amount of depth, or close to it.  Without Jasiak we'll be lucky to finish better than 6th in conference.  Our bullpen guys really haven't figured things out yet for the most part.  Getting swept by the Tinmen should have been a wake up call to our guys.  Mix in bad defense and wild pitches and its tough to beat good teams.  Hope I'm wrong and hope Jasiak comes back strong but I don't see us being above .500 in the AAC

Yep... the blog is pretty much just recapping what anyone watching sees.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

8 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Yep... the blog is pretty much just recapping what anyone watching sees.

And that’s okay. Not everyone can see what you see.  They are supportive of USF Baseball and not targeting people like you.  Let it go.