• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

27,204 . . . . Good Job USF Marketing **nm

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  0

who cares, as long as we're winning.. the off campus stadium is a killer, and majority of USF's off campus students live around the campus off fowler/fletcher/56th/bruce b downs...

no point in complaining about it, its just how its gonna be as long as we're at RJS.. quite frankly, i could care less if we get less fans than usf basketball, as long as we're winning and getting that BCS bid.. that just means more room for me to put my feet up and rest my legs on the empty seats in front of me  :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

... had been big into some team up north, and came to check us out because they need a new team.  

Great Job !

And with the Big 10 (plus 1) done, hopefully we can have more "to check us out".

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

sure didn't seem like 27k on the big screen

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

12,000 tickets sold over and above the season ticket base for a noon game against a non-flashy opponent is **** good at this point in our development .........

BBB, I think it's more like 5,000 that were sold.

16,000 season + 6,000 students/jr. bulls/recruits/comps = 22,000.

Of those 5,000 sold, I know many were the faculty/staff and military personnel promotion.  But I must say that I think 5,000 is pretty good for the time and opponent.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

BBB, I think it's more like 5,000 that were sold.

16,000 season + 6,000 students/jr. bulls/recruits/comps = 22,000.

Of those 5,000 sold, I know many were the faculty/staff and military personnel promotion.  But I must say that I think 5,000 is pretty good for the time and opponent.

Maybe sold was the wrong terminolgy. There were 10K, or so (I won't count recruits/comp) that must have been there that weren't obligated by season tix, who came, or bought tickets, knowing the time and opponent ..... Need to back out 100 or so Cincy fans, too.   ;)

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Actual attendance was a lil over 19,000...

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Actual attendance was a lil over 19,000...

Some USF fans thought the crowd was between 15,000-20,000...so I guess they were right.

I can see why some were upset that with a Big East Title and $15 Million BCS Bowl Bid in the works that USF couldn't reach 20,000 fans.

As someone mentioned back in the summer when USF went with a Promotion/PR Package with the St Pete Times instead of the "Hometown" Tampa Tribune...that the loss of "exposure" will hurt USF at the gate.

Maybe USF will look into signing with the Hometown Newspaper next time instead of a paper who's average age of overall readership is 65 years of age.

Marketing 101...know your customer (aka fan base).

KL

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Some USF fans thought the crowd was between 15,000-20,000...so I guess they were right.

I can see why some were upset that with a Big East Title and $15 Million BCS Bowl Bid in the works that USF couldn't reach 20,000 fans.

As someone mentioned back in the summer when USF went with a Promotion/PR Package with the St Pete Times instead of the "Hometown" Tampa Tribune...that the loss of "exposure" will hurt USF at the gate.

Maybe USF will look into signing with the Hometown Newspaper next time instead of a paper who's average age of overall readership is 65 years of age.

Marketing 101...know your customer (aka fan base).

KL

We're talking about the state of Florida here aren't we?  Isn't the average age of the state in general like 59?  Not sure there's too much of a difference in demographics between the two papers to really have an impact on attendance.  

As far as the crowd, what's up with the chant of "bengals suck"?  It sounded like they were chanting that in the 4th quarter.  If so, why?  That's part of the problem if you ask me.  A limited number of folks even bother showing up for this game and they start chanting about NFL teams??    How 'bout focusing for one day on the Bulls.  You  know, that University in TAMPA, having a pretty good year and  competing for a BCS slot.   ::)

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

We're talking about the state of Florida here aren't we?  Isn't the average age of the state in general like 59?  Not sure there's too much of a difference in demographics between the two papers to really have an impact on attendance.

Exactly. The Times has far greater circulation and besides, the Trib probably has all it's promtional allowance tied up with the Bucs.

As far as the crowd, what's up with the chant of "bengals suck"?  It sounded like they were chanting that in the 4th quarter.  If so, why?  That's part of the problem if you ask me.  A limited number of folks even bother showing up for this game and they start chanting about NFL teams??    How 'bout focusing for one day on the Bulls.  You  know, that University in TAMPA, having a pretty good year and  competing for a BCS slot.   ::)

I believe it was those wacky students with the chant, I'm assuming. They were chanting something but I couldn't hear what it was.

Memo to Students: Bengals don't suck.   ;)

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Maybe not age, but demographics are important.

USF's immediate target audience is Hillsborough County, not St. Pete.

When 90% of the people in Hillsborough County that get newspaper delivery get only the Tampa Tribune...then you are missing out on your target audience.

That's what I was referring to...and the fact that Hillsborough has more "families" per capita then say St. Pete...and a higher concentration of USF Alumni....then that's the area you target.

Anyway...when this decision was made a while ago, some others mentioned that USF got some funds upfront but it might cost them in the long run in less tix sales.

KL