• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

27,204 . . . . Good Job USF Marketing **nm

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

So...the next time when you THINK the Times has market penetration in Hillsborough...why not find out facts first....and keep you mouth shut and be thought a fool...rather then post and remove all doubt?

LOL, that was cute. Did somebody use that on you, and you tried to turn around and look cool by using it on someone else?

Little kids do that, you know. When their parents yell at them, they turn around and kick the dog so they can feel like they are higher than someone else.

What a big, bad post-spitting machine you are!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Faza... you destroyed your own comments when you brought up respect, Florida, and presidential race in the same sentence. I prefer the Trib myself... except during the Greenberg days... there were some touchy articles that had me fired up back then.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701
  • Days Won:  0

promotion is there, but promotion can always be better no matter how much money is budgeted.  Diminishing returns occur when people are sick of your ads/commercials/ etc.. like, those ask gary commercials, lol.

Why not quit broadcasting HOME Games on TV in the Tampa Market??  Yeah seeing the bulls on TV gives you something to talk about at the water cooler on Mondays but does very little for revenues.  The NFL made the Bucs do it in the past to get people to go to the games because there were open seats!!  Could be a catch 22, but it doesn't make sense to be able to watch the game on campus when its being played 20 mins down the road.

Faza... you destroyed your own comments when you brought up respect, Florida, and presidential race in the same sentence.

Ok ok you've got a point there.

But seriously, Dr. MacManus is the ****.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  184

Not to bring this up again, but I have to agree with KnightLight on this one...

I work for an ad agency here in town, and it is widely known (in the ad world) that the Tampa Tribune's market is Hillsborough Co and some of Pasco.  The Trib reaches MORE people in Hillsborough than the St. Pete Times.  Here is proof from a neutral entity, Scarborough Research 2005, release 1 (a syndicated research company that studies individual markets):

There are 821,500 adults in Hillsborough Co.

The Mon-Sat Tribune Reaches:  342,700

The Mon-Sat Times Reaches:  71,100

The Sun Tribune Reaches:  511,300

The Sun Times Reaches:  79,100

I think the marketing department is doing a wonderful job.  Their internal research is pointing them in a certain direction and that's the direction we're headed.  Hell, they may have even been able to negotiate a better deal with the Times.  However, we must get the facts straight on this board about where the newspaper markets in Tampa are because we don't want people making bad decisions based off of hearsay.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Before we start pointing fingers at USF's marketing efforts, I think we need to ask ourselves what we did to market that game to people in your realm of influence.

How much did you talk up the game to your friends and family who do not go to games regularly?

it is widely known (in the ad world) that the Tampa Tribune's market is Hillsborough Co and some of Pasco.  The Trib reaches MORE people in Hillsborough than the St. Pete Times.

Okay, this I have already conceded. But it does not refute my argument that the Times may have been a better choice due to a much larger geographical market penetration, as well as the contention that Hillsborough County may not be as important a market as more peripheral counties due to Hillsborough readers' proximity to the university and the consequent local alternative forms of advertisement. Besides, the Times' Hillsborough market is not insufficient or nonexistant; simply not as large. You're arguing blunt quantity, I'm contending quality, which correlates with different readership.

Besides, I also said that the Trib is known for its pretty pictures and its graphics, which includes ads. It's just known that the Times is a more dependable, quality source (not that the Trib has no credibility, just a qualitative comparison). This is subjective, but seems to be a widespread belief among most circles. It's also one I happen to agree with.

However, we must get the facts straight on this board about where the newspaper markets in Tampa are because we don't want people making bad decisions based off of hearsay.

I'm sure Athletics is not going to base their marketing decisions on the babbling postings on this website from random alumni such as myself or fans from another school.....

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  184

I'm sure Athletics is not going to base their marketing decisions on the babbling postings on this website from random alumni such as myself or fans from another school.....

I don't think they would either, but there are business owners on here that may not have the resources of an ad agency and/or marketing department.

I don't think they would either, but there are business owners on here that may not have the resources of an ad agency and/or marketing department.

Good point!

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

Why are we arguing about which newspaper is better?  Seriously?  How about, go with the Times cuz it is cheaper on SUndays!!  Cmon, focus on your team and let the paid people do their job.  If they made a bad decision then it is up to US to get even more of our friends, families, coworkers, neighbors, random passer-by, homeless people, Osama Bin Laden, the Apache nation, and the governor, TO THE GAME!!

Thank you!