• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF - Mercer Baseball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,831
  • Days Won:  22

3 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

But something is up with him. They only let him go into the fourth and throw about 60 pitches. It may be time to make Hunter Mink a starter. What good is having him as the closer if we can't get to him. The three guys on the staff who can get people out consistently are Kerk, Jack and Hunter. Maybe give Lord a shot as the closer instead - flip/flop those two guys.

Oh, and softball is a paper tiger. Great record, but only if Corrick is pitching. She's dominant, but that's all they have.

Agree with you on softball, Thankfully a softball pitcher can be used much more than baseball. But yes when she doesn’t pitch we aren’t very good.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,132
  • Days Won:  56

On 3/21/2022 at 11:11 AM, olafberserker said:

Jaziak missed the last two Friday night starts due to injury.  Word was he experienced more "soreness than usual" after his last start a couple of weeks ago,  but "it was not considered serious".   To quote the person that told me this "at least that's what they told us".   My guess is that his short appearance on Sunday was due to pitch count and working back towards is normal Friday spot in the rotation.

Lord was scratched late on Saturday for "precautionary reasons".   Again, not considered serious.  We shall see.

Pitching is going to look rough when 2 of your top 3 are injured.   Also appears that Grause, a freshman who was looking good, is injured since he hasn't seen the mound in a couple of weeks.

This look's eerily similar to early season concerns last season (except we have won more games this season) and it turned out pretty well.   I have faith in Mohl doing what he does.

Agree with Mohl and how he handles the pitching, but it sure doesn't look like there are a lot of options. We NEED Sanchez to get back to where he was at the end of last year. That would help A LOT in the middle innings, but he's been hammered so far in almost every outing. I'm sure Mohl didn't count on that. Maybe Hudi turned the corner on Sunday. That would be nice if he and Hemenway were solid in the middle relief and could give us consistent innings.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Days Won:  1

Bulls leading the weekday game against fgcu 8-4 top 7. Bulls have a chance to add on with bases loaded with 2 outs

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Days Won:  1

Bulls win 16-7

9 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

Bulls win 16-7

Good thing our bats were alive.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

27 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Good thing our bats were alive.

I believe that most teams struggle to run out first line pitching on the weekday games.  

14 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I believe that most teams struggle to run out first line pitching on the weekday games.  

True. But here is our problem

We have 5 pitchers that have each started four games. Here are their ERAs in those 4 games

Jasiak 22.1 innings pitched. ERA 1.61 Aweome

Kerkering 28.0 IP ERA 2.25 Awesome

Lord 16.1 IP ERA 5.51 Awful

Vega 17.2 IP ERA 7.13 Beyond Awful

Cebert 15.0 IP ERA 8.40 Beyond Awful