• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WVU Game Time

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

The city of Tampa needs to be brought into this and make this game a MUST for all Tampa football fans. I remember old Howard Schellemberger doing this for the UM-ND game in 1983. He laned in a helicopter to start the game UM came in 2-1 and Howie made the game the turning point for UM all week long the Canes won 20-0 in front of a crowd that was going wild the team went on to the NC and that was the game that sold the people in the city that the Canes had arrived. This game has the same potential for the Bulls!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

Cuban, you are looking through green and gold glasses. Did you not see what the noon kickoff did this weekend? A night game would help get the biggest crowd, regardless of the reason.

We need to say screw the TV schedule and make it a night game. The payoff of a BCS game will far exceed any money we get for having the WVA game televised.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

ABC/ESPN has rights, they will option it for the 6 day wait period.  It will be a day game, no chance at a night game, they will not jeopardize their ratings for the ACC Championship, especially if the SEC championship will be finishing an hour into the ACC Championship.

Okay, here's what I'm getting at.  Are you saying that Disney/ABC/ESPN is the FINAL decision maker as having TV rights to the game?  I'm not trying to be an ass, I am just trying to understand specifically who is the final decision maker.  Does the BE or USF have ANY say in this or does TV tell the league and USF when game time will be?  Wasn't there some talk about TV and the BE handing the final decision over to USF because of the postponement and our desire to play the game on that Monday or Tuesday which was overruled?

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

Cuban is right - everybody needs to BE THERE. This thing needs to be hyped to the skies - we need a bigger and louder crowd than what we had for Louisville - I don't care how it's done, we need to get people OUT THERE to this game. Do whatever it takes!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

ABC/ESPN has the rights to broadcast the game. If the school refuses, they lose ANY right to broadcast the game (even locally) further, it would probably piss off the Big East. Therefore, this game WILL be played at the BE's discretion (not directly, but in some form). As far as attendance, it woulda been 27,000 Saturday, day or night. I know there are a few people that have problems attending a day game, but making excuses that it was a day game is just stupid, did 10,000 people really decide not to show because of the kickoff time?

Do the Bucs have trouble selling out at 1:15 on Sunday?

I'm not saying that we should be selling out, but the fact is only a handful of people REALLY care about USF football right now, 27,000 is right where our attendance should be.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I am sure that USF and the BE are the final decisionmakers.  However, if ABC/ESPN say they will only televise the game at 1:30 then that will most definitely factor into the decision.  The option from ABC/ESPN is do you want it on TV, if not step aside, we have other games.

Harsh, but reality.  If we want to be bigtime then we need a huge crowd there regardless.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I know there are a few people that have problems attending a day game, but making excuses that it was a day game is just stupid, did 10,000 people really decide not to show because of the kickoff time?

They didn't just "decide" not to show. This has ben gone over ad nauseum .....

Do the Bucs have trouble selling out at 1:15 on Sunday?

Stop with the 1:00 SUNDAY Bucs comparisons! Besides, there are a ton more families that go to the Bulls games than the Bucs games and that's where your drop is coming from for the most part ...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  102

ESPN.com has the game listed as a 7 p.m. start on the schedule page for week 14. This is the first I have seen this and I haven't heard anything else from the AD, but its not listed on gousfbulls.com, not like it would be on a Sunday.

Mike

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

just win!

start time does not matter!

polls do not matter!

attendance does not matter!

just win!

uconn, wvu, BCS!

just win!

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I just don't believe game time is THAT big of a difference as to the "announced attendance." The game could have been any reasonable time this past weekend and would have drawn 27,000.

The WVU game, if we win this weekend, will draw 40,000 regardless of the time. There just isn't the interest in USF football in Tampa that many believed there would be. The Lightning are selling out, the Bucs, are winning, and there are more fans of the "Big 3" that don't really care about our program.