• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WVU Game Time

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

Jim you will be there if it was at 3am, so would I and most people on this board. But sadly, most of our fans are casual fans.

If we take care of business against UConn, a win against WVU wouldbe the best thing for our program. I agree that it is sad that we can't draw 60K for this all important game, but the point is we can't, not yet. We are not the Gators, Noles, or Bucs yet, in terms of attendance and support. We must acknowledge that and adjust for it. I long for the day that we can schedule games without worrying about this nonsense but for now we do.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

Whether this game is on TV or not...we will for sure get attention from it...play it at 7pm...we play at noon then we will be making it even for both teams again  ;)...We win on ABC this weekend, everyone will know that the Big East Championship will be held in Tampa...

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

Would be beneficial to have a HUGE crowd on our side for this one.  Make it at 7pm.

7:45 on saturday night on ESPN is available?  That's good for me!  They can cut away from ACC game with each score to ABC, that's cool!

No Tim, ESPN is NOT open.

ESPN has two time slots: Noon and 7:45.

ESPN has two games: Louisville @ U Conn AND C-USA Championship.

The only ABC/ESPN slot that could take USF is the 4:30 regional slot.

Jim you will be there if it was at 3am, so would I and most people on this board. But sadly, most of our fans are casual fans.

If we take care of business against UConn, a win against WVU wouldbe the best thing for our program. I agree that it is sad that we can't draw 60K for this all important game, but the point is we can't, not yet. We are not the Gators, Noles, or Bucs yet, in terms of attendance and support. We must acknowledge that and adjust for it. I long for the day that we can schedule games without worrying about this nonsense but for now we do.

So, the point becomes how do we build more interest in the program ??

By having it at 7:00pm so a few thousand more fans can see the game in person...

OR

By having it on television so a few million potential fans can see the game...

??

TV is better than no TV -- attendance is a secondary concern for me.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

While i agree that TV is better than no TV... BCS bid is better than Muffler bowl...  7pm gives us a better home field advantage because of the stronger showing we will receive at the game.

Then instead of a few hundred thousand, you are talking millions of viewers!

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

While i agree that TV is better than no TV... BCS bid is better than Muffler bowl...  7pm gives us a better home field advantage because of the stronger showing we will receive at the game.

Agreed.  We need as much of a home field advantage as we can get with as big a game as this may be.

Our fans are too casual to really provide that much of a home field advantage.  There have been three games where I can remember the crowd actually being loud:

2003 Louisville and Cincinnati ... and 2005 Louisville.

The rest of the games have not provided enough noise to make a difference.  35,000 people don't really generate enough noise to cause false starts or concentration problems.

Our fans (as a whole) don't start loud and get louder... they start quiet and get loud only after we do something exciting.... and even then it doesn't really last that long.

Thus, for these reasons, I would rather take a Noon kickoff on television, than a 7:00pm game with no TV.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I don't think you guys are getting it...TV CONTROLS THIS SITUATION...if ESPN wants to put it on TV it WILL be on when they WANT it on. The Big East/USF is NOT going to piss off ESPN be breaching a contract that they agreed to last year.

ESPN has an option to pick up the game. If they don't then it will be on TV at USF's discretion. However, it is more likely that they do pick it up. If we were to tell them we won't take their broadcast because we want the game at our convience, well then we isolate ESPN. Further, how would you like to tell kids looking to get on TV to be recognized by NFL scouts that your biggest game ever wasn't on TV because you wanted a few extra fans in the building...

I'm sorry if you disagree with the time, but I will be there whatever time this game is played. And if a casual fan cannot make it because it's "too early" then they really just don't give to skits about the game to begin with...

I don't think you guys are getting it...TV CONTROLS THIS SITUATION...if ESPN wants to put it on TV it WILL be on when they WANT it on. The Big East/USF is NOT going to piss off ESPN be breaching a contract that they agreed to last year.

ESPN has an option to pick up the game. If they don't then it will be on TV at USF's discretion. However, it is more likely that they do pick it up. If we were to tell them we won't take their broadcast because we want the game at our convience, well then we isolate ESPN. Further, how would you like to tell kids looking to get on TV to be recognized by NFL scouts that your biggest game ever wasn't on TV because you wanted a few extra fans in the building...

I'm sorry if you disagree with the time, but I will be there whatever time this game is played. And if a casual fan cannot make it because it's "too early" then they really just don't give to skits about the game to begin with...

The only problem with ESPN, Joe, is they don't have the space on December 3rd to show it on any of their networks.  (See my post above).

So, unless they move something or decide no to show something, the WVU game will not be on an ESPN network.  It could still be on ABC at 4:30... otherwise, it is probably not on broadcast or cable television... it could be on pay-per-view, though.