• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Baseball Question

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

Heard on the game last night that Nick Gonzalez, Roberto Pena and Matt Ruiz are not on the active roster, what happened? These are some major players for us. 

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I've heard they are out 2 weeks.  Not much being said about what they did.  We will definitely need those guys, but it looks like Keanu will be our SS going forward.  He has so much upside.

• Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, JoeB said:

I've heard they are out 2 weeks.  Not much being said about what they did.  We will definitely need those guys, but it looks like Keanu will be our SS going forward.  He has so much upside.

Thanks a lot for the info. It’s really unfortunate, but hopefully it will give some kids playing early in the year. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

Not sure but the destroyed Stony Brook. They will get a lot of extra viewing time from me with the MLB screwing around. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

This feels a little like addition by subtraction. Keanu is a better option at shortstop than Gonzalez, and the FIU transfer at second base has been great in place of Ruiz. I like Chamo's occasional power for the lineup, but those suspensions make us a better offensive team, in general. When/if those three come back, it helps our depth, but the starting lineup is better off now.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I did hear the scoop from one of the players girlfriends on what happened.  Definitely sounded like a stupid thing, but I won't say what it is.  I'll leave that for The Daily Stampede to report on.  2 weeks sounds like the right punishment

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, JoeB said:

I did hear the scoop from one of the players girlfriends on what happened.  Definitely sounded like a stupid thing, but I won't say what it is.  I'll leave that for The Daily Stampede to report on.  2 weeks sounds like the right punishment

I bet directly or indirectly it had something to do with tail… it always comes down to tail.