• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

(OffTopic) Signing Day Part 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

28 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Hard to say how many scholarships we have left to give? Thought we lost a few slots due to the CS ncaa violations? Wondering if CTrickett ( I'll label him CT soon-hope his middle name isnt robert--) has his eye on anyone he could lure in away from WV? Would like to see a QB transfer who has some D-1 starter time come in to pump up competition for McC so he isn't just going against freshman. Doubt Marsh is in the mix, I would be surprised. Those are my morning-Wonderings.  "I do love the smell of napalm in the morning"

I think Marsh is still "in the mix" or the coaching staff wouldn't have let him back after he entered the portal. With that being said, he is going to have to show A LOT more in order to see the field again. 47% completion percentage, 4.5 YPA, and 1 TD vs. 6 INTs is quite a hole to crawl out from. 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I think Marsh is still "in the mix" or the coaching staff wouldn't have let him back after he entered the portal. With that being said, he is going to have to show A LOT more in order to see the field again. 47% completion percentage, 4.5 YPA, and 1 TD vs. 6 INTs is quite a hole to crawl out from. 

I think it's more a case of him committing himself to; 1-the game and 2-the team. IIRC he had issues learning the playbook.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

14 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Yep, the key words being " A LOT". He made no progress from year 1 to year 2 not sure if year 3 will be his Big year. He doesn't come across in actions or observations as a Hungry QB. Some guys are happy/ content to be a back-up. The freshman that signed may knock him out of the running period. As alwasy it is: we shall see??

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638

40 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

So is 3-18 but people seem to think  CJS is a good coach and will do it. Marsh may have higher odds nto   win the job than cjs  to produce a winnining  season at this point. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

So is 3-18 but people seem to think  CJS is a good coach and will do it. Marsh may have higher odds nto   win the job than cjs  to produce a winnining  season at this point. 

Thank you for your efforts in trying to hijack a thread to crap on CJS once again. You are a valued and loyal member of the BBB. We will now return the the topic at hand, which is National Signing Day. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Thank you for your efforts in trying to hijack a thread to crap on CJS once again. You are a valued and loyal member of the BBB. We will now return the the topic at hand, which is National Signing Day. 

I replied to marsh digging out-of a hole and cjs had a bigger hole to dig out of. So it was On topic based on your off topic post about marsh on the signing day thread.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475

20 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

17 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Very few things in life are guaranteed, but this one... money.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

28 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

the qb position is definitely an open competition

22 minutes ago, smazza said:

the qb position is definitely an open competition

I agree. We need to get some p5 transfer talent to push McC or take the job. Marsh and two  true freshmen backups for depth is sad.

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I agree. We need to get some p5 transfer talent to push McC or take the job. Marsh and two  true freshmen backups for depth is sad.

Hopefully, McClain has the character and drive to be pushed even if he isn't looking over his shoulder. Maybe it will make him more comfortable/confident not fearing that his job is in danger. However, depth and competition are never a bad thing, so if there was a quality guy we could bring in, I'd be all for it. Our track record with transfer QBs is probably the worst out of any position. Other than Blake Barnett, I cannot think of any that contributed meaningfully at all.