• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Absolutely but they cant afford it.  They want to whine and scream to get out of a contract they signed, but FSU had a chance to prove their worth on the field and got demolished by Georgia who had more NFL talent sitting out than FSU. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best and not get murdered on the scoreboard in the biggest game since Crab legs were free in Tallanasty.

Exactly! I seeing FSU & Clemson heading to the SEC. The rest of the ACC will be there for both USF & UConn to join imo. 

I agree with this Syracuse fan. 

F8F3ADED-C72C-46A6-83EB-097E20B44A09.png

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

I don't want UConn/SDSU MBB to win the Natty this year. (nothing against their programs)

The schools we may be competing with for a spot in a power conference (UConn, Tulane, Memphis, SDSU, Pac 2) can only hurt us when they win. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,045
  • Days Won:  10

7 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

I don't want UConn/SDSU MBB to win the Natty this year. (nothing against their programs)

The schools we may be competing with for a spot in a power conference (UConn, Tulane, Memphis, SDSU, Pac 2) can only hurt us when they win. 

Verry true. San Diego State is slowly becoming an elite program.  Good football and great basketball. Add to that a top class OCS, and I think there is little doubt that they have moved up when it comes to future consideration in conference realignment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

1 minute ago, belgianbull said:

Verry true. San Diego State is slowly becoming an elite program.  Good football and great basketball. Add to that a top class OCS, and I think there is little doubt that they have moved up when it comes to future consideration in conference realignment.

Agree - I don't know how much we compete with the west coast teams, in that a league either wants west coast or not, and what we do has little impact. 

But until we find our next home, I can't root for any of the teams we may be in competition with. 

I don’t see SDSU winning it all this year. Not worried. Plus I don’t see the ACC connections there like we are seeing at USF. UConn is more of an alley with USF plus they help stabilize the ACC regarding the tv contract negotiations with the NE market.

Edited by Bull Matrix

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  414
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, belgianbull said:

I second this. It's SDSU moreso than UConn I'd root against if I were y'all. They're more well rounded. If UConn wins it all yes it's great for them, but does it really change who UConn is? They're a known basketball powerhouse that is the current defending champions. Would add another feather to their cap but doesn't change their football weaknesses that have kept them on the bubble but never quite in over the last few realignment cycles. 

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001

WWW.ON3.COM

In its 10-page response to an ACC motion in Leon County Court, Florida State accuses the league of misrepresenting facts

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001

FOOTBALLSCOOP.COM

https://footballscoop.com/news/every-fbs-school-ranked-by-how-attractive-theyd-be-in-conference-realignment

69. UCF -- 114.4
70. Wake Forest -- 113.9
71. BYU -- 111.8
72. South Florida -- 104.7
73. SMU -- 102
74. UConn -- 99.8

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,127
  • Days Won:  6

20 minutes ago, Cat941 said:
FOOTBALLSCOOP.COM

https://footballscoop.com/news/every-fbs-school-ranked-by-how-attractive-theyd-be-in-conference-realignment

69. UCF -- 114.4
70. Wake Forest -- 113.9
71. BYU -- 111.8
72. South Florida -- 104.7
73. SMU -- 102
74. UConn -- 99.8

Seems about right to me.  That would put us in strong contention for the next round.