• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

8 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

I just can't see of the leftovers leaving. They will be awash with oney from the schools leaving

Isn't the ACC receiving more of a percentage payout in the new CFP agreement?

Not sure why the remaining ACC schools (assuming FSU, Clemson, and UNC are off to the P2) would think moving to the Big XII would be a good idea. The travel alone in the Big XII would be much worse than what they have even after adding Cal and Stanford.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

6 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I don't know what the magic number would be for us to be guaranteed a spot in the ACC, but them expanding Westward might have changed that  number. I am sure while we are under consideration teams like San Diego State, OSU, WSU, Tulane, Boise State, ECU and Memphis are as well. I know for some Boise State is a controversial one, but they are probably the best football school available, and they have slowly turned into a very good basketball program as well.

I think the more teams the ACC loses the better for us.

Another real scenario. If the ACC only loses 1-2 schools, doesn't expand, and survives, then the Big 12 may come calling. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,038
  • Days Won:  10

1 minute ago, John Lewis said:

Isn't the ACC receiving more of a percentage payout in the new CFP agreement?

Not sure why the remaining ACC schools (assuming FSU, Clemson, and UNC are off to the P2) would think moving to the Big XII would be a good idea. The travel alone in the Big XII would be much worse than what they have even after adding Cal and Stanford.

Because it would offer them stability and more prestige. That's assuming  the ACC loses more than 4. If they lose more than 4 the Big 12 would be a better conference by a long shot.  Louisville and Pitt would fit in well geographically with the Big 12.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

15 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

I don't know what the magic number would be for us to be guaranteed a spot in the ACC, but them expanding Westward might have changed that  number. I am sure while we are under consideration teams like San Diego State, OSU, WSU, Tulane, Boise State, ECU and Memphis are as well.

I don't see how ECU and Memphis help with the west expansion.  However, taking SDSU, OSU, WSU and Tulane could shut us out.

6 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

I don't see how ECU and Memphis help with the west expansion.  However, taking SDSU, OSU, WSU and Tulane could shut us out.

What is Miami going to do?  That's what I'm looking for.  If the ACC loses both Florida schools.  Oh boy. 

Edited by Cat941
ETA

Joke Drums GIF by Bax Music

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

My thoughts FWIW (not much):

1. ACC is highly unlikely to ever take WSU, OSU, or Boise. Or Memphis. Just not enough bang for the buck from a media rights perspective - even for the Big 12. Plus, I don't think the ACC really wants to expand west. Adding Cal, Stanford, and SMU was a concession to ND, which will soon split for the B1G. I think those schools eventually realize that if they're not in the P2, they're better off reconstituting the Pac-12 with WSU, OSU, and a few other additions like SDSU, Boise, and Memphis, than remaining in the ACC. 

2. First three ACC adds, in order, would be UConn, USF, and Tulane. I think they probably only replace 1:1 and plan for the future departures of Cal and Stanford. SMU could either stick around or join the reconstituted Pac-12 described above.

3. Being in the ACC is far better than our current situation. It will still be viewed as a big step up from where we are in terms of money and prestige. I think the ACC survives on a level comparable to the Big 12 and reconstituted Pac-12. 

Edited by TallyBull
  • Like 1