• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

5 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

No Way Do Not Want GIF by Schitt's Creek

CFB needs a salary cap pretty bad. :iconic_u_black: 

Even before NIL, I wanted CFB to have salary caps on head coaches. 

Especially, since most of them are technically employed by state-funded instiutions. 

This would have prevented the P5 from grabbing head coaches after a successful season (I was salty when we lost Taggart to Oregon). 

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

No Way Abandon Thread GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Crying 1

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Bear said:

How funny would it be, when FBS ends up with a P5 again. 

Imagine: P2 revenue dips (because of their exlcusionary money grabs); the ACC collapses like the Pac-12; so the remaining ACC teams basically merge with the AAC (similar to the Pac-2 scheduling with the regional MWC) because the SEC/B1G snatched up a couple good ones. 

However, networks realize that regional games actually bring TRUE fans (and make non-football sports manageable). 

And then, by sheer lawsuits, NIL (or even unionization), regional travel, and non-athletic booster money (or some political influence) -- the P5 is now: Big10, SEC, Big12, ACC+AAC, and Pac-2 + MWC. Media deals are renegotiated (with the Big12; ACC+AAC; and Pac-2+MWC have nearly the same revenue?

So anyways, this is my worse case scenario if USF doesn't get called up within the next 3-5 years. 

Why wouldn’t ACC leftover and PAC leftovers just merge together and pluck the best remaining schools from G5? Effectively having a P4 and a G4. The gap would be even wider between the P and G conferences at this point.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588

49 minutes ago, Bear said:

Even before NIL, I wanted CFB to have salary caps on head coaches. 

Especially, since most of them are technically employed by state-funded instiutions. 

This would have prevented the P5 from grabbing head coaches after a successful season (I was salty when we lost Taggart to Oregon). 

Yea, less about chasing the bag and more about staying where you can be successful. I agree. Salary caps for everyone but me!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

May be an image of 2 people

Kirby is starting to look a little like Rosie.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,638
  • Days Won:  25

May be an image of 3 people, people playing football and text that says 'Nick Saban on the current college football landscape: "It's whoever wants to pay, the most money raised, the most money to buy the most players is going to have the best opportunity to win." COLLEGE FOOTBALL TROLL MR. SABAN'

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

May be an image of 3 people, people playing football and text that says 'Nick Saban on the current college football landscape: "It's whoever wants to pay, the most money raised, the most money to buy the most players is going to have the best opportunity to win." COLLEGE FOOTBALL TROLL MR. SABAN'

How did that workout for TAMU? Cmon Saban, you were in the same **** conference...

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  3,001
  • Days Won:  2

ACCFOOTBALLRX.BLOGSPOT.COM

This blog is about ACC Football - past glory, what went wrong, and how to fix it and get back to the glory days again.
The numbers confirmed
  • Big Ten and SEC schools will each be making more than $21 million [per year]... 
  • ACC schools will get more than $13 million annually...
  • Big 12 schools will get more than $12 million each.
  • Notre Dame is expected to get more than $12 million as well...
  • there will be a financial incentive for any independent team that reaches the CFP.
  • There will no longer be a participation bonus for any of the other leagues [G5]... Group of 5 schools' annual payments will increase to just under $1.8 million from the current $1.5 million...     

Facts you need to know:

• money from the historic bowl relationship is now repositioned through the CFP. That's a different scenario for Notre Dame, which did not have a traditional bowl payout...

• the reason for the ACC's slight edge in revenue over the Big 12... the ACC has had eight CFP semifinalists (counting Notre Dame's appearance in 2020 as a league member), while TCU is the only remaining Big 12 team to reach a CFP semifinal as a member of the conference. Big 12 member Cincinnati earned a CFP berth in the 2020 season when it was in the American Athletic Conference...
    • a "look-in" clause for 2028 has been added to give the commissioners and Notre Dame leadership a chance to reevaluate the contractual agreements based on how every league has performed to that point. There's also a clause that permits that timeline to be accelerated if there is "material realignment" again.
    • The CFP will use a 12-team format for the 2024 and 2025 seasons... the five highest-ranked conference champions and seven at-large bids. There is expected to be ongoing discussion about the format for what's expected to be a 14-team playoff.

****So the AAC wasn't rewarded for Cincinnati's participation in the CFP.  The CFP format is only rewarding "historical success" or wins in the CFP and it seems that it would have only benefited the B12 anyway as they are now members of it.  

Edited by Cat941
ETA

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,137
  • Days Won:  39

It's a scam.  Pretty neat.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14