• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Conference realignment "Rumors" "tweets" "etc"

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,980
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

This will pretty much move USF to the ACC. It was good to beat SMU on ESPN2 with the sell out crowd. That is helping 

I Believe In You GIF

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

lol TAMU to Big 10 rumors are just message board click bait. But would put big10 in Texas and get TAMU away from UT who they loathe (part of the reason they went to the SEC lol). I guess I could see it as a tiny possibility, but unlikely. 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,843
  • Days Won:  22

20 minutes ago, Gismo said:

lol TAMU to Big 10 rumors are just message board click bait. But would put big10 in Texas and get TAMU away from UT who they loathe (part of the reason they went to the SEC lol). I guess I could see it as a tiny possibility, but unlikely. 

Don’t see AM leaving SEC to join BigTen even as much as they dislike Texas. The SEC fits them perfectly and it isn’t about money.

I think BigTen next adds are in the state of Florida. The question is who? FSU isn’t AAU, but is close to it. Miami is AAU and fits BigTen, but still is a small private school and hasn’t done much lately. USF right now is a long shot, has pluses of being AAU, large Public School in easy to travel area. But we need to step up in football and basketball. The longer this takes 3-5 years, the better our window to step up in getting attention.

• Like 2

Goes on to say:

In 2024 the ACC will be at 18 conference members (ND is counted here). From everything I know about possible ACC departures to the P2, it would be at max of six schools. For the purpose of this post and this strategic proposal (idea), we will use the number 6 leaving the ACC. Therefore, we are down to 12 members. The ESPN TV contract mandates the ACC have 15 members. Therefore, simple additions of Washington State, Oregon State, and USF could be had to grow back to 15 if no other school left the ACC.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

23 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Goes on to say:

In 2024 the ACC will be at 18 conference members (ND is counted here). From everything I know about possible ACC departures to the P2, it would be at max of six schools. For the purpose of this post and this strategic proposal (idea), we will use the number 6 leaving the ACC. Therefore, we are down to 12 members. The ESPN TV contract mandates the ACC have 15 members. Therefore, simple additions of Washington State, Oregon State, and USF could be had to grow back to 15 if no other school left the ACC.

Everyone loves a winner & right now USF is winning 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  877
  • Days Won:  1

Hard to see a future where UNC and Duke are in different conferences; that said they are like the USC/UCLA combo in stature, albeit a basketball tilt rather than football. Have to think the B1G is not passing on Florida, and I do not think FSU will go to the B1G. If USF can win the conference at least once, make the playoff, and continue to build relevance in football/basketball over the next 3 years (increase our athletics budget to nearly $90-$100MM), I think there's a better than zero percent chance us and Miami are paired with UNC/Duke for the B1G. I agree with a minority people on the internet when they're looking at the tea leaves - there's a reason we were added to the AAU before schools with arguably a better resume. Whether that is to appeal to the ACC or B1G, I think we are in play for both. 

Hot take: we are much more valuable to the B1G than both UVA and VaTech, especially if we make the playoff in the next 2-3 years. Large, public university that is easy to travel to, in the state of Florida, and surrounded by B1G alumni. If we win big over these next 3 years, I think we'll be in a better position than anyone ever expected. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Hot take: we are much more valuable to the B1G than both UVA and VaTech, especially if we make the playoff in the next 2-3 years. Large, public university that is easy to travel to, in the state of Florida, and surrounded by B1G alumni. If we win big over these next 3 years, I think we'll be in a better position than anyone ever expected. 

Speaking Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

• Haha 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  0

26 minutes ago, USF_Bullsharks said:

Hard to see a future where UNC and Duke are in different conferences; that said they are like the USC/UCLA combo in stature, albeit a basketball tilt rather than football. Have to think the B1G is not passing on Florida, and I do not think FSU will go to the B1G. If USF can win the conference at least once, make the playoff, and continue to build relevance in football/basketball over the next 3 years (increase our athletics budget to nearly $90-$100MM), I think there's a better than zero percent chance us and Miami are paired with UNC/Duke for the B1G. I agree with a minority people on the internet when they're looking at the tea leaves - there's a reason we were added to the AAU before schools with arguably a better resume. Whether that is to appeal to the ACC or B1G, I think we are in play for both. 

16 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Speaking Tonight Show GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Happy Good Vibes GIF by Major League Soccer

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

FWIW I think USF to the ACC is happening sooner than everyone is expecting. FSU is likely to settle its lawsuit sometime this year, before August, in time to join the B1G or SEC in 2026. USF will replace FSU in the ACC within that same timeframe. 

Do I have a source? Not really. Just a hunch. 

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,483
  • Days Won:  43

2 minutes ago, TallyBull said:

FWIW I think USF to the ACC is happening sooner than everyone is expecting. FSU is likely to settle its lawsuit sometime this year, before August, in time to join the B1G or SEC in 2026. USF will replace FSU in the ACC within that same timeframe. 

Do I have a source? Not really. Just a hunch. 

Heck yeah! I feel that is exactly what we are going to see play out. USF’s staff basically has tons of ACC experience already so they are no strangers to that conference. Not to mention USF was conference mates with some of the schools already. 

• Upvote 1